Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Tibolene oral topping up with oestrogen gel  (Read 3405 times)

Joanne pegna

Tibolene oral topping up with oestrogen gel
« on: July 04, 2017, 08:30:31 PM »

::)just joined the group . Went into early menopause at 37 on elleste until 53 now been on tibolene which is great but I am very low on oestrogen and still getting hot flushes and a bit more anxious, but don't want to change as on the whole good on my cognitive brain and libido so GP gave me a oestrogen gel I don't use the full 3 pumps just one pump. Is it safe to top up with this on tiboloene ?

warwick01

Re: Tibolene oral topping up with oestrogen gel
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 11:35:53 AM »

Hi

I was on Tibolone 4 months but dizziness was a problem so came off it. I added 1 pump oestrogel for first 6 weeks and was ok. Gyne approved of using oestrogel as a top up.

Wxx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:25:18 PM »

Hi Joanne debra

:welcomemm:

I find it very strange that a gynae would prescribe gel in addition to Tibolone because of the progesterone issue and lack of extra to protect the womb lining. Even with Tibolone itself there have been instances of thickened lining so to add extra oestrogen could increase the risk of this.

In the short term warwick I can see it's OK but for a GP to prescribe 3 pumps of gel seems a lot - unless of course you don't have a uterus Joanne in which all fine and dandy - no need to protect the womb if it's not there!

Hurdity x

warwick01

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:33:43 PM »

Hi Hurdity

In my case I had been on 3 pumps of Oestrogel for several years and we thought one pump would help with the transition phase. Funny thing...... dizziness increased when I stopped oestrogel...... so who knows??? is it lack of oestrogion that has been the cause of my chronic dizziness??

Wxx

Janver

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 09:30:22 PM »

Hi.Iam 6m into Livial and under gynae instruction to add Estrogel to it to top up. I  have had  Estrogel since my subtotal hysterectomy with ovary removal since October 2014 so iam in Surgical menopause . I started to feel under the weather October 2016 and felt it wasn't working as well.Tried different Hrt,Zumenon, elleste, non helped. So put on Livial after Xmas  2016 with 2 pumps of Estrogel in morning and one at night.Felt a lot better, no anxiety ,calm, but lethargic and hard to motivate myself. I dropped nighttime gel in May as I felt fine and was ok.For past 6 weeks I have been on a decline feeling anxious, pins and needles, lack of concentration, mixed up, tearful, lack of interest...etc really creeped up on me.Took me a while to work out but I must be low in oestrogen!! I have upped my dose to 3pumps a day and low and behold iam starting to feel 'back in the room'  I feel all this gel and Livial is a lot to take but Gynae consultant has said I must need it as we aren't all the same. Apparently Livial works differently in the body than other hrt. Nobody seems to have a correct answer for dosage. Not everybody is the same . (So I have been told many a time)

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 10:07:13 PM »

Wished I'd have thought to add some gel to my Tibolone

Joanne pegna

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 06:35:44 PM »

Hi

I was on Tibolone 4 months but dizziness was a problem so came off it. I added 1 pump oestrogel for first 6 weeks and was ok. Gyne approved of using oestrogel as a top up.

Wxx
Thanks yes that what I think too so I have stopped the gel as I have had spotting and can put up with hot flushes I don't want more oestrogen in my body and also i had a busy time in my life that has settled down just stick to tibolene