Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wimbledon 2017  (Read 8993 times)

Mbrown001

Wimbledon 2017
« on: July 03, 2017, 03:24:49 PM »

Who is the favourite in your house.

I don't think that Andy will be in the final this year. He won his match this afternoon but wasn't exactly tested. He is favouring that hip that's for sure.

So if he doesn't get through then who do you want to win.

I'm torn between Nadal and Federrer.

Oh and congratulations to Andy on him and Kim having another baby.
She looks radiant as usual.

Mrs Brown

babyjane

Re: Wimbledon 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »

Stan's my man but I doubt he will win.  I like to watch him  :oops: play.

That young Alexander Bublik will be back in a few years, older, wiser, more mature and more honed -  one of the next generation of winners  :)

I don't think Andy can go the distance with that hip and neither should he.  It could cause more damage to force it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:44:02 PM »

Oh >yawn<  ;D

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »

We could the same about cycling CLKD  ;)

Stands out BJ. Don't think he was terribly well.

cubagirl

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »

Wawrinka was put out at Queens first round too. He's a brilliant player when he's on form. My choice,excluding Andy, would be Federer, however he hasn't played an awful lot recently so may be rusty. Tsonga is good too. Don't get me wrong Nadal is good, but something about him I don't like, same with Djocovic.

Two hoots

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 09:43:25 PM »

If Murray doesn't win then I'd like Juan Martin del Potro to win, I really like watching him and I think he always seems a nice person when he's interviewed. Not keen on Djokovic.

Nothing wrong with cycling, it's cricket I can't watch, it must be the most boring game ever invented  :o
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:45:17 PM by Two hoots »

cubagirl

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »

Sshh don't let my son in law hear you Two hoots. A Scot who loves cricket!  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »

I know, I will miss ogling watching Stan  ::)

I just want to see some new blood coming up. Nadal and Federer have had their day over and over again, now that really does have the yawn factor for me :)

It will be interesting to see which women singles players come through this year as Serena is out this year, wishing her all the best with her new baby.

cubagirl

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »

I think if Federer was to make it to final & win, it could possibly be his last time as he's really past his prime.  His swan song possibly.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 10:53:46 AM »

I do LOVE the autumn/winter series when tennis is played in the Albert Hall .........

Cricket I don't understand though I've done many a tea and watched many a game  ::) as well as washing many a set of whites!

My friend went to Wimbledon yesterday and had a Very Good Day.

CaroleM

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 08:00:57 PM »

I reckon one Donald Young has found thousands of new fans. I'm 1st in the queue :ola: :ola: :ola:

It's good to see Rafa back and on form but he has had to go out there and WIN the match, Donald Young made him play it out.

I hope Federer wins and retires at the end of this season with the grace we all know he has in spades. Probably the best ever player in the world. Otherwise, I'm pretty relaxed about who does win Murray, yes please. But has he been playing mind games regarding his hip? Over to you all😸

Mbrown001

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 08:12:07 PM »

He looked a bit stiff to me and not moving as well as he could.

I used to be a Federrer fan until I saw him loose his famous cool and tantrum like a two year old. Kind of lost respect for him at that point.

Nadal.....well that match between him and Federrer was the best tennis match I've ever seen and for me it's been Nadal ever since...,except when our Andy plays. The fact that my son looks like him also helps   ::)

Mrs Brown

cubagirl

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »

Best match I watched today was Johanna Konta. I honestly thought Murray v Brown would be similar, instead Murray just swept Brown aside. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased he's made it to 3rd round, but was looking forward to a nail biter of a game.

Elizabethrose

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 10:02:37 PM »

Oh I love tennis ladies, especially Wimbledon. I expect you're referring to the 2008 final Mrs B. We were on a ferry to Ireland watching the match with an engrossed crowd. We docked at the final game and unitedly refused to get off the ferry! They had to call security. I remember sitting in the car having to make do with listening to the radio broadcast. What a truly magnificent match! I love Nadal and Federer, one with the power and strength of a silverback and the other like an elegant panther. It is a joy to watch them play. However, of course I have to say I'd like Andy to win but if not I'd like to see Rafa make it this year.

Mbrown001

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2017, 10:05:20 PM »

Oh me too....I like Rafa.....just wish he would stop adjusting his bits before every point.

It's very distracting  :wub:

;D ::)

Pages: [1] 2 3