Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Menopausal breast lump  (Read 2712 times)

Ronniepie

Menopausal breast lump
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »

Hi ladies,
Breast clinic appointment last week due to finding breast lump, an elongated hard lump (bit like a fat emery board). Had previous clear mammo in April so had ultrasound which showed normal breast tissue (relieved!). The consultant explained breast lobes harden and thicken due to hormone fluctuations around menopause (I am post meno 4 years) and so what I can feel is a lobe. I'm perfectly happy with this but feel I've bypassed this fact despite going through the menopause (and all the shenanigans that involves) and having searched menopause breast changes and benign breast changes (in an attempt to self-diagnose the lump before my appointment). Most information seems to point towards fibrocystic breast changes, which aren't hardened lobes.
Sorry if rambling, just wondering if any of you going through same kind of changes.
X

Tinkerbell

Re: Menopausal breast lump
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 04:51:17 PM »

I had a breast abscess four years ago and was told that it was ductal ectasia...the milk ducts become flattened and wider as you head into peri/meno stage.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:00:37 PM »

Hi Ronniepie - So pleased that you had good news about your lump. Thanks for sharing the info. You might find similar posts if you use the search button in the blue bar top left of the screen.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »

Pleased that the lump is non-sinister!

Ronniepie

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »

Thanks all  :) and thanks Tinkerbell for sharing your experience too. I will search for similar - by the sounds of it it's fairly common so I'm sure there are a few of us with these kind of meno changes.
Ronnie x

Silly

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 02:04:18 PM »

Hi,

I can relate to your thread, it's a relief when everything is ok.  I have a few cysts and have had numerous ones checked out.  I went to gp in March as I felt something and she said it was part of my breast meaning lobe as well.  At the same time they were very painful, itchy inside as well and hot.  I'm post meno six years this year. 

X