Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Elleste duet conti  (Read 2332 times)

Myfanwy

Elleste duet conti
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »

Hi
I'm 55 and have been taking elleste duet conti for 6 weeks. I have been bleeding for 3 of them. It started off as spotting but is getting heavier and is all the time. I haven't had a period for well over a year. Other than that I feel good. Is this just my body getting used to the hrt or do I need to be worried about this. Thankyou for reading

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Elleste duet conti
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 09:48:48 PM »

:welcomemm: didn't want to cut and run.  Maybe put the product name into the search button on here and see threads that pop up?  I think that the body needs to get used to HRT  :-\ and will produce a bleed ........

Browse round.  make notes.

Mbrown001

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

Conti HRT can take up to six months to settle on to.
I spotted and had light bleeds for a long while.
It's really early days so if you are feeling good in other ways then try and stick with it for at least three months..

Oh and

:welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 06:58:41 PM »

Hi Myfanwy

:welcomemm: from me too.

As said a certain amount of bleeding it normal in the first few months of continuous combined HRT until your body acclimatises. If it doesn't stop then maybe you would want to think about a cyclical HRT when you would have a predictable monthly bleed as with periods - but give it a while longer yet. Also if the bleeding is worrying and/or very painful perhaps consult your doc to have a quick check and to put your mind at rest?

Hurdity  x

Myfanwy

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »

Thankyou for the replies. I will speak to my doctor next time I have an appointment but will carry on taking them awhile longer. It's not painful just annoying as it is getting worse. Especially as I was given the conti tablet as the doctor said 'you don't want to be bothered with all that regular bleeding nonsense'🤣😂