Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Magnesium Thread  (Read 33043 times)

Annie0710

Re: The Magnesium Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »

Ladies there are other variations of Mag, that help different symptoms so it might be worth looking into x

Annie0710

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2017, 01:03:32 PM »

Lol just a thought x

babyjane

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2017, 05:06:29 PM »

I don't actually have any symptoms, maybe that was the problem - too much of it that I don't need  ::)

DaisyB

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »

Started new magnesium today - as prescribed by claire snowdon Darling - I'd stopped the citrate and was contemplating choosing one more suited to my symptoms after tempest posted this - will let you know how it goes x

Butterfly22

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2017, 06:35:56 PM »

I take two boots magnesium every night if I don't I wake every hour, I still wake every three hours or so but really restless if I don't xx

babyjane

« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2017, 08:22:44 AM »

I have had to give up on the magnesium.  I am the exception to the rule that it helps with anxiety, it makes me jittery and wound up.  My bowels liked it though so that is a shame.  :(

nearly50

« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

I'm wondering if I'm taking too much and it is causing me to have sore joints, my knees and hips are like an old woman's suddenly. Time to ditch everything other than vitamin d I think, and see where I am.

Claireylou

« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2017, 08:30:35 AM »

I started off on one a day for a week then increased to two. So far so good. Bowels seem happy and my joint pains appear to have reduced too  :)

Elizabethrose

« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2017, 08:37:57 AM »

Have you ladies tried taking it as a combined supplement? I take Osteocare plus Glucosamine and Chondroitin and always take it after my main meal of the day. It definitely helps my joints (though not my back but then even that may be a lot worse if I weren't taking it!) especially in my fingers and hands which can be very sore.

I think these things can be trial and error, finding the best entry methods that suit our own individuality. Even the level of dosage can be an individual thing. Some people can drink cod-liver oil but it desperately upsets my digestive system. Weird because we were force-fed it as children, along with rose hip syrup and a daily spoonful of malt. My mother liked to cover the corners!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #99 on: July 21, 2017, 12:27:54 PM »

;D my cats wouldn't go near cod liver oil  ::) and don't remind me of the malt and rose-hip syrup  :beaurk:

weathergirl

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

I understand it needs to stay on topics but this saddens me greatly.  I came to this forum because, unlike some others, the women here seem so genuinely helpful and to care for one another.  This is very discouraging.  Okay.  I'll stick to magnesium now.  :(

CLKD

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2017, 02:44:24 PM »

What would one need magnesium for or in deed, any other 'supplement'?  Years ago++ (1990s) a relative thought that swallowing cod liver oil capsules daily helped her joint aches and pains ........ but we couldn't find out how much active ingredient was in the capsule  ::).  After 3 years she got fed up swallowing them .......

I know that bananas cured my restless leg syndrome [see appropriate threads] where some have found that other 'extras' have eased symptoms.  Certainly if I cut back on bananas 'cos I get fed up eating them  ::), the symptoms return  :sigh:

I think after the War/s it was thought that due to rationing children in particular would 'benefit' from cod liver oil etc.  :-X  :pills:

It was apparently 'good for us' .........  :whist: there are some things that adults will never be forgiven for  :D

weathergirl

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »

I never had to do the cod liver oil thing as a kid, but we were forced to eat liver at least weekly as a child.  I loathed it. ;D  But I'm sure it was good for me. 

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »

;D - liver for iron?   I used to eat it raw  :o ....... Himself can't abide it but will cook it for me  :-*.  I like it crusty round the edges and soft in the middle but cooked through, not that I'm fussy or owt  ::)

I wonder if in 3rd World countries Charities advise various supplements 4 children, i.e. Syria ? - sorry a meander  ::)

weathergirl

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »

Yes it was liver for iron.  I should probably try it now again, as an adult.  I might feel differently, who knows!
I would hope that if there was the possibility of supplementation in those countries, they would advocate for it and seek donations for them.
My son is a very picky eater and I basically force him to take a few supplements to try to offset what he is not eating.

Regarding Magnesium, I use a chelated version and cannot tell if it's helping or not.  I do not get any loose bowels with it no matter how much I take.
I also don't get a 'calming' effect that I read about it.  Just a neutral, nothing.  I will keep up with it and see how it goes.
I do think the chelated versions are designed for much better absorption, though they are more expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8