Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: The Magnesium Thread  (Read 33052 times)

babyjane

Re: The Magnesium Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »

I have ordered some to try, I hope it really is nature's valium as I could do with some of that, my gut could do with a kick start too  ::)

I take a multivitamin but cannot take the multivitamin and mineral combinations as I cannot have calcium, Iron or iodine and they all seem to contain those.  When I had a calcium and Vitamin D supplement I ended up in hospital with hypercalcaemia so I take a separate vitamin D3 now and with total thyroid atrophy and reliant on thyroid supplementation I don't need iodine.  Iron bungs me up even more too, so I avoid anything with these minerals in apart from naturally in any foodstuffs like dairy and eggs and green vegetables. You have to be careful as not everything is good for everybody all the time as we are all different  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2017, 04:48:14 PM »

Iron supplements are known for causing constipation  >:(.

Hand/foot cramps are usually due to lack of salt - my Victorian Granny would always tell us to 'add more salt' if we complained  ::) and my M in L was told by her GP years ago to use less salt.  When she complained of constant cramping in the hands I told her to add more to her veg. but she was quite reluctant 'because my GP said'  >:( until she couldn't stand up one morning.  That advice to use less almost killed her  :-\.

I'm good at  :scottie: walking ;-) and love gardening ....... of course gardening jobs weren't available in 'my day'  ::)

nearly50

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »

I know if I'm depleted in magnesium as I get cramps in my feet.... tell tale sign.   And so when that happens, I take a good quality supplement (usually by Solar or Veridian).   

Ah, that's interesting, I've been getting cramps in my foot since I changed magnesium products, as well as headaches. Doubly glad I ordered the ones Tempest recommended now, thanks.

:)

Claireylou

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2017, 05:49:02 PM »

Well mine have just arrived. It says to take two per day but I think I'll start with just the one to see how I get on.

Babyjane you are right, they are cheaper on the Your Supplements website than Amazon. If they work I'll be ordering more for sure xxx  :)

Katia

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »

I supplement it too. I noticed a huge difference in my muscle tone changing from the pill to hrt. Everything seemed to just drop.

dangermouse

Re: Estrogen In HRT Depletes/Blocks Magnesium
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »

That's interesting as I always thought Magnesium raised oestrogen levels as when I used to take them for slow transit, I would feel good for a couple of days and then really low and depressed.

After trying oestrogen HRT I had the same feeling but maybe they both just trigger migraine mood issues in me?

I did try to supplement calcium (in case my magnesium levels were too high) a few years ago but they also made me feel bad a couple of days in. As did Vit D which made me swell up all over.

I do envy people who can take supplements as I used to benefit from them when younger. Perhaps I'm just too sensitive and better with gentler homeopathic remedies now.

Dangermouse I think we've discussed before that as women reach late stage peri things can start to calm. I've already found that some of my peri developed reactivity/allergies have calmed. Hopefully the same thing will happen with your migraine and reactivity. We all need to cross that invisible meno line!! Then it's party time!! x

Haha! Thanks, I'll look forward to the knees up! x

Tempest

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2017, 04:17:44 PM »

Hi, ladies!

Well I can categorically say that the magnesium has helped significantly with the heart palps. and adrenal surges - hoorah! Long may it last!

How is everyone else getting on? xxxxx

babyjane

« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 04:34:36 PM »

still waiting for mine to arrive.  It is in Royal Mail's hands  :)

Claireylou

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »

I have noticed a difference with my heart palpitations too. Also a better, more restful sleep. Happy to say that I've had no adverse tum effects either  :)

Annie0710

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »

I noticed mine are from Yoursupplements too Tempest x

Yammy1

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2017, 08:05:44 PM »

I am going to try magnesium, I have given up on hrt as it just doesn't agree with me. Will order some tomorrow. Tempest how long before you noticed it working ?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:31:38 PM by Yammy1 »

nearly50

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2017, 08:15:08 PM »

I've had slight stomach cramps since starting taking them, but I do have the feeling it is dealing with slow transit so am going to persevere. If it helped sleep too that would be wonderful.

Mbrown001

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »

Have you tried a spray sparkle. I don't have any digestive issues at all with mine. Only way I could take it I think.

Tempest did mention that there was one that didn't sting and I meant to ask her where she saw that as I'm running short and would like a gentler one if I could get it.

Are your there Tempest  ;D

Otes73

« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2017, 06:26:52 AM »

With the spray you can rinse off after a while if you don't like the stickiness.

X

nearly50

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »

I've taken mine for 4 days and see a big improvement in slow transit. No stomach cramps any more either so glad I persevered.  Nightmares are horrendous though, so not helping my sleep. Dreamed that my hairdryer melted over my head (Game of Thrones style) and I was trying to say 'help me' but my lips had fused together. What is wrong with my brain?  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8