Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: I'm back - with the same old syptoms  (Read 1792 times)

holidaylover

I'm back - with the same old syptoms
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:22 AM »

Morning ladies

I haven't posted on the forum for some time as I have been feeling much better.  The tingling leg sensations I initally posted about have been gone for about eight months.  Went six months, then seven months without a bleed and thought I was heading in the right direction. But then I started to have a period again which seemed to last on and off for two or three months.  My flushes disappeared (although they were very managable ones), but the bleeding didn't and the period pain I was getting was terrible.  Visited the doctor and had a vaginal scan.  They couldn't find my previous fibroid, in fact found it difficult to find anything because I had too much gas in my bowel.  My irritable bowel has also been really bad lately. The lady performing the scan did, however, tell me I was still in perimenopause. (Well, yeah!!)  My bleeding now, has been stopped for the past six weeks, and I was starting to feel a bit better.   That was until, Saturday morning!  In one fell swoop, I felt like I was back to square one.  My symptoms are:

Crawling/****ling sensations in legs
tight aching calves with cramps and stiff sore feet
lower back pain (definately worse in the morning)
Headache/foggy head
stiff joints, fingers
tiredness
tender, stingy breasts
whole body has a slight burning sensation.

The ****ly crawly legs are definately worse when I wear tight legging or jeans.  i also feel very bloated and just yuk!

I've read about RLS and the defination fits the bill, except I dont get it a night in bed, so it can't be that.

I've previously had blood tests, MRI, CBT and nothing showed up, so I feel it a waste of time heading back to the doctor. Anxiety is the normal diagnosis.  Heading off on holiday next week, which is just typical.  Can any of you relate to the symptoms? Don't know whether it's a menopause issue or not.  Can't believe that after all this time, these horrid syptoms can come back so suddenly overnight.  Any ideas?

Thanks for reading.    Hx

Hurdity

Re: I'm back - with the same old syptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Hi holidaylover

Sorry to hear about your returning symptoms. if the doc has found nothing wrong with you then unfortunately it could well be down to the menopause - and you should not palmed off with a "there there" and given anti-depressants for anxiety (for menopausal symptoms)!

Have you thought about HRT - if there is no medical reason why you shouldn't? I have been on this for 10 years, and now in my mid 60s and enjoy life to the full without menopausal symptoms. OK there are odd things but nothing that is debilitating or prevents me doing stuff that I want to do.

It sounds like your oestrogen levels rose and you ovulated once more - hence the disappearance of the flushes and other symptoms temporarily. Now that the bleeding has stopped and your oestrogen levels have fallen again - your symptoms have returned.

I don't know how old you are but a low dose HRT might well be just what you need to feel better? Perhpas pay another visit to the doc?

I hope you manage to enjoy your holiday anyway....

Hurdity x