Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: ellesse duet query  (Read 1729 times)

debra217

ellesse duet query
« on: June 29, 2017, 07:44:26 AM »

Hello all

I'm 52 and just started on ellesse duet 15 days ago.  My symtoms are very bad anxiety, sleeplessness, sweats and mood swings. I was previously taking fluoxetine which helped but came off that 6 months ago but full on symtoms let to Dr prescribing Ellesse Duet 1mg.

I'm on day 15 and apart from tender breasts and slight cramping I have noticed no difference whatsoever with the moods and anxiety etc.  In fact I feel worse than before I started them.

Reading some posts hrt starts working day3 ? Has anyone else found that the take longer to kick in? Should I go back and ask for a higher dose/different type yet?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Deborah

dazned

Re: ellesse duet query
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:38:18 AM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

The usual rule is 3months before making a decision. Unfortunately hrt treatments are all a bit of trial and error,each individual response differently. I would suggest giving it at least 2 cycles. Hopefully you will see some improvement soon. I did really well on elleste for years. ;)

debra217

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »

Thank you dazned I will stick it out for the 3 months.  I was just wondering if it was normal for the symptoms to get a bit worse before they got better?

Thanks,
Deborah

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:04:57 PM »

Hi Deborah - I found that HRT stopped my hot sweats quickly and also the mood swings but didn't help with my anxiety.

The progesterone part of Elleste is Norethisterone and in some women this can give PMT type symptoms including anxiety and low mood so if you don't feel better after the usual three month trial time then it would be worth asking for an HRT with a different progesterone. I found that Norethisterone made my mood really low and irritable.

The different HRT preparations are shown in the green menu at the top of the screen.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

debra217

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 11:35:47 AM »

Hi Taz

Thank you, that is really helpful

Deborah

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:26:09 PM »

You're welcome Deborah!

Taz x  :)