Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: At a loss!!! Elleste & Nouvelle question  (Read 1672 times)

Netty1964

At a loss!!! Elleste & Nouvelle question
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:45:11 PM »

Hi
I'm really at a loss what to do at the minute...
So 18 months ago I started taking Elleste duet which I had a bleed every month but the stomach cramps backaches and fatigue were worse than when I had a natural bleed, so 6 months ago I changed to elleste conti so that I wouldn't have a bleed. The bleeds lessened at first but became heavier in the last couple of months. Back to the doctor who has now put me on Nouvelle. I haven't taken any yet, I'm unsure whether to see if the current bleed subsides then start taking it or if I should just go for it in the hope that it helps!!! I have booked in for a smear to rule out if there's something else going on. Anyone else had the same problem?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: At a loss!!! Elleste & Nouvelle question
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »

:welcomemm:

I am sure that someone will be along with advice or you could try putting the product names into the search box to see if threads pop up.  Didn't want to cut and run ;-)

Netty1964

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 05:12:12 AM »

Thank you x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 10:45:00 AM »

Hi Netty1964

:welcomemm:

Where were you in menopause when you started to take the Elleste Duet ie what had your periods been doing - cycle length, flow etc? If you are still peri-menopausal then you should really be on a cyclical HRT to give a withdrawal bleed as you were first given - but there are different types to try. Maybe the dose was too high - if it was 2 mg? The most likely  reason you are still bleeding is because you are still having your own cycle. Also why would the doc change you from Elleste Duet conti to Nuvelle - because they are pretty much identical - both with 2 mg estradiol and 1 mg norethisterone? I would suggest you return to a cyclical preparation but perhaps a lower dose one eg Femoston 1/10.

It also depends why you started HRT in the first place and your symptoms - are they controlled with the current regime and are you feeling good apart from the bleed? There are  so many different options but a heavy bleed is not ideal!

The Mirena coil would control your bleeding and  enable you to add oestrogen at the dose you need.

Hurdity x

Dollydream

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 05:44:23 PM »

Hi Netty

I wanted to post as it seems you have been in a similar situation to me and are the same age if your user name is anything to go by!  Over 18 months I have tried three types of HRT - sequential which caused heavy bleeds, conti which kept giving me bleeds and now I'm on the mirena coil and oestrogen, (slight bleeding). The problem is, probably like you I don't know where I am in my menopause journey as when I started it, I had only gone 8 months without a period and not a year.  However, whenever I switch from one HRT regime to another and take a break from HRT - the bleeding completely stops.  If I was you, I would take a months break from HRT to see if the bleeding stops and if it doesn't I would return to the doctors to get things checked.  Hope you get on OK.

DollyD x

Netty1964

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

Hi there ladies,
Thank you so much for your replies.
When I first started taking Elleste duet I had gone 3 months without a natural bleed. After taking it for 12 months I found I was getting quite low in the build up to the bleed and that started to last longer, at first I felt great I was getting a good nights sleep without the flushes through the night. Because of the mood and the bleed lasting longer I asked for a no bleed tablet. I still had bleeds for the first 3 months and when I went to the doc for a review he said to stick with it for 6 months. The bleed was less but I did have spotting here and there at random, this last month has been pretty much every day but heavier as time has passed. I did say to my GP that i wanted to try something else as I didn't know where i was. I've had awful backache and stomach ache mostly in the morning and night in the last couple of weeks. I left until today to start the new tablets - a 2 day break so no idea how it's going to pan out. 😢😢