Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: using gel to supplement 1/10 femoston  (Read 2572 times)

riverrunsfree

using gel to supplement 1/10 femoston
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:50:25 PM »

Hi all
Any info on using oestrogel to supplement 1/10 femoston. Rather than make the leap to 2/10 Femoston and risk side effects do you think the doctor would also prescribe gel (1.5mg pump) so I could take a little on some of the oestogen days and go gradual?

Riverrunsfree :D :D 8)xx

Hurdity

Re: using gel to supplement 1/10 femoston
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »

Given that the amount of progestogen in Femoston 2/10 is the same as in 1/10 your doc may be able to sanction an increase in oestrogen - although depending on your body it could lead to an imbalance ( ie insufficient progestogen) and ensuing spotting now and again? You might find that 1.5 mcg is too much but how about suggesting a small patch? What side effects from 2/10 are you worried about? Any effects from increasing the oestrogen should be temporary and should eventually settle.

Hurdity x

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 06:52:49 PM »

I was using estrogel and Utrogestan but was struggling with the Utrogestan - made be feel drugged!!!  I have since been using my old Fem 1/10 grey tablets (previous regime) as my progesterone until I can get to see my gynaecologist.  So just to clarify - I use estrogel continuous at 5 pumps for the first two weeks of my cycle followed by the progesterone part of fem 1/10 supplemented by 2 pumps of gel.  It seems to be working in terms of my cycle and symptoms but I will update once I have spoken with my gynaecologist.

Mary G

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

riversrunfree, in the past, I have used Angeliq (oral continuous combined form of HRT 1mg oestrogen/2mg progesterone) for the progesterone part of HRT.  I was using 2 pumps of gel everyday and thought I got on well with the progesterone in Angeliq but unfortunately my progesterone intolerance got the better of me and I had to stop.  I have since moved to Utrogestan.

I can't think of any reason why you can't use Femoston for the progesterone part of your regime if it works well for you. 

nicolcarrie70

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 08:01:38 PM »

Shortie,
The progesterone (fem 1/10 grey tablets) contain both E & P.  I normally use up to 5 pumps of Estrogel so just reduce it by 2/3 pumps when I take the fem 1/10 as it already contains Estrogen.

riverrunsfree

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »

Thankyou ladies for your replies...much appreciated and quite a lot to consider. I shall investigate further based on all of your opinions/advice. Riverrunsfreexxx