Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Another evorel storage question please  (Read 5236 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Another evorel storage question please
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 07:49:14 PM »

Yep, no fridge  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »

The instructions for Evorel oestrogen patches have no lower temperature restriction (and nor do Evorel conti) and nor do the oestrogen patches say they need to be stored at room temperature (although Evorel conti do). It makes sense that products should not reach high temperatures when stored - just as with food - since the active ingredient - estradiol - could be affected. Therefore given the choice and when temperatures are as high as you say - I would store in the fridge if you have no cool place in your apartment, in the absence of advice to the contrary - unless you have been told this by gynae ( I would be surprised given the instructions though, as they should mention this if it is likely to be a problem?) Certainly I can feel the difference in my patches when they are hot - the adhesive is a bit more gooey ( as expected).  As I said it may take a bit longer to apply them. Also having said that I would still continue to use your patches - although it sounds like they were at very high temperatures possibly for a few days?

Hurdity x

Mbrown001

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:51 AM »

I was just going by what my Evorel Conti patch box said.

Sorry if that was misleading Dandelion.

Looks as if the hot weather is a thing of the past now so hopefully you won't have to worry.

Mrs Brown

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »

Just to reiterate that there is no warning on the leaflets for either box (Evorel or Evorel conti) that state that patches should not be stored below a certain temperature although both state an upper limit of 25 deg. As MrsBrown001 says hopefully this is no longer an issue but something to bear in mind if temps increase again.

Hurdity x

Mbrown001

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »

This is what is on the patient information leaflet

"Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. It should be stored at room temperature (at or below 25°C). Keep in the original pouch and carton."

Mrs Brown

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 04:29:31 PM »

Exactly as I said - that's what I said (and read)!! ie there is no lower limit. The leaflets do not state that the (Evorel conti) patches should not be stored below a certain critical (ie lower) temperature, whereas they do state that they should be stored below a critical temperature ( ie upper limit). If this was a problem it would state ( at or below 25 deg but above 4 deg - or whatever). Anyway Dandelion is talking about Evorel oestrogen patches.

Dandelion - I hope this is absolutely clear? There is no indication that the patches could be harmed by keeping them for a short while in the fridge but the instruction imply that it is not advisable to store them at temperatures higher than 25 deg.

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]