Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Question for ladies who suffer from allergic reactions  (Read 11918 times)

Mbrown001

Re: Question for ladies who suffer from allergic reactions
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2017, 07:29:14 PM »

It's all down to money now I think Annie.

DD has had some great advice from a forum members daughter as to what worked for her. This young woman went above and beyond for a total stranger. Things have been bought and carefully patch tested and DDs skin is really starting to improve.
Hopefully if she is very careful then nothing like this will happen again.

The kindness of some on the forum with the help that they offer is second to none.

Mrs Brown

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

That's so lovely.  I know we're all strangers as such but it's lovely to hear, I've offered to post excess hrt to a member who ran out and I know of others that have done it too

Hopefully your daughter continues to improve

Mbrown001

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2017, 08:16:57 PM »

Thank you Annie.

The forum often restores my faith in human nature......

Mrs Brown

CaroleM

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 05:26:01 AM »

Wow, I reckon my allergies are less life inhibiting because they just all chemical. I did promise not to go near any nuclear reactors anytime soon. Colbolt came back as a biggie. I too interested the Consultant and when he asked if he could take pretty pictures I was a bit bemused. Apparently now I am part of his teaching sessions. He said he sees one like me every 10 - 20 years, if he's lucky! He did make sure I was properly dosed up with antihistamines before I left. It was during the hottest week of the year, oh bliss :sigh: Have since discovered ivy to be really dangerous to me, so Stephen gets to cutting down and disposing of same. The plant I mean, not me I hope.

Mum wondered, when she could, if, since we have stuffed so much stuff into the atmosphere with no real knowledge of any consequences, it has to come down SOMEWHERE. I wailed, Yes, but why all on me?  She could be on to something though.

Tempest

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 09:47:22 PM »

Hi, Mrs. B! I was treated at the Western Infirmary Anaphylaxis Clinic (I think it's now at the Queen Elizabeth). They also run a severe allergy clinic (non anaphylaxis) but the referral criteria are tight I'm afraid. Its worth getting your GP to contact them as to their current referral criteria, and I know dermatology at the Queen Elizabeth do skin testing for contact allergies.

I was also tested by haematology at the Royal Alexandra for possible mastocytosis (its extremely rare) and tests were negative.

If you or DD ever want to chat in person, you can PM me and we'll hook up via phone if you like. I'm more than happy to help if I can. xxxxx

Mbrown001

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »

I did ask for her to be referred but was told they only see people who have had an anaphylactic reaction.

She did apologise but there was nothing she could do.

Thank you for your kind offer though

Mrs Brown
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 11:30:43 AM »

Crikey!  I was tested in an ENT Clinic .......... and by a Chest Physician .......... surely something that could be fatal should have funding within the NHS  :-\

How's she now MrsB?
Pages: 1 2 [3]