Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Rosacea  (Read 1743 times)

Leesh

Rosacea
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »

Hi all

I posted a while ago about the rosacea that is making my life hell. Not sure if it is related to the meno or not, but the first bout I had was when I was pregnant with my third child, and then nothing until peri hit, and ever since then it's been getting steadily worse, so I'm thinking hormone related.

Anyway, in desperation, I spent hours googling to see what other people use. I am using metrogel, but it wasn't really doing anything.

So, a recurring theme came up time and time again - antihistamines. I already had a stock of them in the house because of my son's hayfever, so I decided to try it. That was about 5 days ago and I have to say (tentatively) that my skin has calmed right down. The redness has all but disappeared, and the bumps and spots (which were really bad, very painful) have all but gone completely. Best of all is the fact that the horrible, painful stinging sensation I have been getting on my face has stopped.

The other thing which came up was using Ponds Cold Cream cleanser. It's years old - my mum used to use it! I saw it recommended on several sites, so I tracked some down and started using that. It's wonderful! It's a really thick cream, which put me off initially, which you apply to the face, and then wipe or rinse off. It is fab for removing makeup, even waterproof mascara and doesn't irritate the eyes at all (and my eyes are super sensitive). It kind of melts on the skin to a more fluid consistency. But, and here is the big plus, I don't need to use any other products on my face as it leaves it really soft the whole of the next day. It smells really nice too. And it's only £3 something.

Anyway, both of these things seem to be having a very positive effect on my rosacea. I know how utterly miserable it can be, so I hope it can help others.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Rosacea
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:54:14 PM »

:thankyou: