Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 - advice please  (Read 1799 times)

floridamad

Femoston 1/10 - advice please
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »

Hello everyone.

Have been on femoston 1/10 for just over 6 months now.  Before I started it I was having irregular periods - had gone 6 months without  one a couple of times. 
Since starting the femoston I am now having regular periods and although they go on for about 8 days they arent heavy - just inconvenient.
The hot flushes stopped, I was sleeping better, had more energy.
I am now not feeling so energetic, the odd hot flush hits and I the sleep isnt now so good.

I do feel better overall but was wondering has anyone on femoston had their periods stop/ or do I just have to put up with them while on the treatment.

Thank you

dazned

Re: Femoston 1/10 - advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »

Hi if you are taking a sequential hrt,oestrogen with progesterone added for last half of pack,you mostly can expect a bleed at the end of packet. If you are post Meno you could try a Conti regime which is designed to be bleed free. Have a look at the treatment tab at the top of the page to see the different types.

floridamad

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »

Thank you  ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 09:49:31 PM »

Hi Floramad
Femoston is a good HRT as the progesterone is one of the kindest so suits many women very well.
This return of some meno symptoms may mean you are getting deeper into your meno journey and possibly need the higher dose. The monthly bleeds are a nuisance but are usually preferable to using conti (bleed free) HRT as using Progesterone continuously can bring more side effects.
You might consider having a Mirena fitted as this can be a good option. This will usually result in no bleeding at all after the first months and you can then use as much oestrogen as you need to keep meno symptoms under control.
DG x