Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anyone taking Tibolone?  (Read 26739 times)

Battyboo

Re: Anyone taking Tibolone?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 06:08:30 PM »

Hi
Well I went to the Gp who said she did not know anything about prosrap injections
And to get in touch with the consultant.miffed to say the least >:(
As they had said get in touch with GP for issues.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 06:10:36 PM by Battyboo »

suzysunday

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2019, 08:10:41 PM »

I think these professionals sometimes enjoy pushing us minions from pillar to post! Poor  you.  What happened to these gp's caring for people.

Battyboo

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2019, 10:08:52 PM »

Indeed. Baffling sometimes.
So I guess I have wait weeks for another appointment .I wish to win the lottery so much just so I could have private health care and options . :-\
Thanks .

Padine

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2019, 06:12:54 PM »

Just found this old thread - I posted somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago about Tibolone but can't find it so hope I can continue on here?

Started on Tibolone today and after reading all the negative points, I'm willing my body to agree with Tibolone  (but will try not  be alarmed if it doesn't). I know there are ladies on here who will be able to answer my queries cos they've been through all this,  and it's not a case of "trial and error" as my lovely, but oh so young lady GP is advising me right now!

Padine xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2019, 06:42:38 PM »

Padine - I took tib but only for a few weeks. I have real probs with progesterone and as this hrt's metabolites have prog, E and T effects, in my case, the prog effects were too much for me. Other than that, it certainly increased libido - big time! I'd really like to have continued with it as I felt good on it, but just couldn't function with the brain fog and tiredness. That's not to say that will happen to you, it might be the perfect fit and it's so easy, 1 tab daily, done. It's also hailed by some in the medical profession as the perfect hrt as it's relatively low risk in terms of the usual cancer risks with conventional hrt.

Go at it with an open mind, and like my pharmacist said, don't read all the side effects or you'll start looking for them. Wise words.

All the best and let the ladies know how it's going for you.

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2019, 09:27:25 AM »

Just found this old thread - I posted somewhere else 3 or 4 days ago about Tibolone but can't find it so hope I can continue on here?

Started on Tibolone today and after reading all the negative points, I'm willing my body to agree with Tibolone  (but will try not  be alarmed if it doesn't). I know there are ladies on here who will be able to answer my queries cos they've been through all this,  and it's not a case of "trial and error" as my lovely, but oh so young lady GP is advising me right now!

Padine xx

Padine it was this thread "Which HRT increases libido" that you posted on:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45745.15.html

(By the way if you want to find out what you or someone else posted you just go to the menu or look for the small blue tabs and where it says "profile" click on that and if it's yours - then click on show posts and all your posts come up. If you remember it was someone else, then find a post they've made or do a search for them and then click on their profile. Provided they are not too prolific  ::) you should be able to find their post if it was recent!)

Hope you do well on the Tibolone....

Hurdity x

Padine

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 10:55:53 AM »

Thanks for that info Hurdity.
I will let you know how Tibolone works for me - it's all such a minefield of ifs and buts and hopefuls, who would be a lady?

Padine xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 12:36:09 PM »

Hi Padine - there's a lady called Sooze who lasted longer than most on tib, might be worth looking at her posts on her Tib journey.

Good luck.

Tracey E

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 04:51:31 PM »

Did anyone experience any dizziness on this HRT?

KiltedCupid

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 05:29:54 PM »

Tracey E - it didn't make me dizzy but I know some ladies on the Tibolone thread reported dizziness. Have you found that thread? It's quite old but lots of info from the ladies taking it.

Hurdity

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 06:25:48 PM »

who would be a lady?

Padine xx

...fortunately I'm no lady - nowhere near sophisticated enough ;D

Hurdity x

Jacqueline Susan

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2019, 07:55:46 PM »

Hi Padine,
I've been on Tibolone for approx 2 years and it is by far the best HRT I've had, there are no negatives at all. I hope it works for you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]