Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyone taking Tibolone?  (Read 26740 times)

Pollyanna

Re: Anyone taking Tibolone?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »

Gosh...Sooze... I feel I've lost many years and I'm still in the fog.. .haha. 

I'm also not in a relationship, although i think I'm ready now.  It's only taken 56  years.... ;) 

Really great to hear that things are all 'tickety boo' in that department.   

Great to hear also that the Tibolone is worth waiting out the awful side effects, to get to reap the benefits. 
 :)

Pollyanna

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »

Thought I'd share some positive things I've noticed after only 5 days on Tibolone.

1.  No more 'dry eye'.  Had that for so many years on oestrogen.  I haven't had to use drops at all today.
2.  Allergic rhinitis seems to have disappeared.
3.  Systemic candidiasis ditto.  Hurrah!

That's pretty good for only 5 days and, it's incredible.... for as long as I've been on oestrogen patches, I had never put my allergies down to unopposed oestrogen.

I've spent hundreds of pounds on various complimentary therapies to treat 'symptoms', when it would appear that the cause was oestrogen.  I even had a septoplasty operation due to the awful allergic rhinitis.   

Just thought I'd share. 

renee

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »

Hi Ladies,

This is now my 10th week on Tibolone...there's been a few times where I contemplated stopping but I'm still with it.

My anxiety and sleep have gotten worse since being on Tib, which I spoke to my Doc about yesterday. She suggested giving it another month as it has helped my joint pain, pelvic pain, libido, vaginal dryness and energy levels.

It's a balancing act as the anxiety and insomnia are so awful, but the joint and pelvic pain were too!!

I also have an under active thyroid which I take thyroxine and I was diagnosed with complex PTSD a few years ago so I do take 20mg of Fluoxetine. I space out my doses, throughout the day so there's no interaction with the meds, I usually take Tib around lunchtime, don't know if changing it to night time would help my sleep or anxiety?

It's so difficult for us ladies at times....decisions, decisions xx

renee

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to add I bled for 7 weeks on Tib...which has now stopped.

Also, sometimes I get terrible leg sweats when wakened from sleep, but then some of my sleep feels like an anxious sleep....if that makes sense. X

Joesmum

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 11:36:23 AM »

I tried Tibolone but I just don't think it was strong enough. After about 4 weeks I sunk into the most hideous depression and had to be put onto an antidepressant.
It also made me ache all over with extreme tiredness. I felt utterly dreadful. Truly.
I'm now back on EVOREL patches 50 mcgs.
I too take levo which did not seem affected.

Butterfly22

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »

I tried it but had afwful acne and felt really angry all the time xx

Battyboo

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »

Tiblone
Hi ,I've been taking tiblone 2.5g for around 10 days.I realise it's early days but I wonder if anyone can advise me.
I have extreme insomnia almost a switch in sleep cycle , I cannot get too sleep until around 4am every night .
I don't want to do anything all day but lay down and watch TV .
I had had heavy bleeding for over a week.
I have also had livial injection a month ago .
Any advice would be appreciated please.

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »

Hi Battyboo

:welcomemm:

This is an old thread so you might want to introduce yourself on a separate thread so that more members can welcome you?

Sorry to hear about your sleep problems. There are various threads on Livial so if you go to the home page of the forum and type it into the search box ( also try typing Tibolone as well in a different search) - this should bring up other threads on this HRT.

Re the Livial - how old are you and where in menopause ie what were your periods doing before you started the Livial ie cycle length, period length and flow etc? Are you definitely post-menopause ( ie no natural period for 12 months)? Also do you mean you have been bleeding since starting the Livial or started bleeding afterwards ie just now? I didn;t know it was available as an injection!

If the tiredness is ongoing ie from before you started the Tibolone then you should get some blood tests done from the doc to rule out other causes eg vitamin or iron deficiencies, thyroid problems etc

You will find plenty of help and support here :)

Hurdity x

Battyboo

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 05:41:29 PM »

Re the Livial - how old are you and where in menopause ie what were your periods doing before you started the Livial ie cycle length, period length and flow etc? Are you definitely post-menopause ( ie no natural period for 12 months)? Also do you mean you have been bleeding since starting the Livial or started bleeding afterwards ie just now? I didn;t know it was available as an injection!

Hi I'm 50
Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm not post menopausal.
I was still having very heavy regular periods every 25 days, for 7 days at least.
I had the prostap (livial) a month ago via injection at a menstrual disorders clinic.
Peri Menopausal symptoms, all of the usual.hot flushes, VA, Depression, anxiety prominent.
Two weeks ago I started tiblone.
My periods are heavier than before!
Chronic insomnia. Don't feel right.
Thanks

suzysunday

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 06:49:56 PM »

I'm not sure but I thought livial was more for post menopausal women.  I was on the it for 18 months and did not have insomnia but I had no energy, really tired and aching all over. I got really bad acne.  It was good for libido  and I did not put weight on. But I started bleeding after 18 months and had a biopsy which showed womb lining thickening. It returned to normal when I stopped taking it. It was very scary.

Battyboo

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 09:11:29 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply and I hope your feeling better.
That must have been very scary.
I really do not understand it as I've read that also it's for post menopausal and I'm getting concerned as the heavy bleeding is not letting up at all ,7days now .
It was supposed to stop the menstrual.
 ::)

Sooze

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2019, 11:21:21 PM »

Battyboo,
From what I've just read Prostap is not Livial - it's very different, Livial and Tibolone are the same and only available as tablets as far as I know and generally in the UK used when post menopausal - are you living outside the UK?

I've not heard of it before but Googling the patient Information Leaflet for Prostap says:

PROSTAP SR is a synthetic hormone which can be used to reduce the levels of testosterone and estrogen circulating in the body.

PROSTAP SR is used to treat endometriosis and uterine fibroids in women. It can also be used to reduce the thickness of the lining (endometrium) of the womb (uterus) in preparation for surgery.

It also says:

If you are a woman with submucous fibroids (benign tumours in the muscle underneath the lining of the womb), PROSTAP SR can cause severe bleeding when the fibroids break-down. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience severe or unusual bleeding or pain.
If you are a woman and continue to have periods (menstruate) after starting treatment with PROSTAP SR you should tell your doctor.

Side effects include:

Many of the side effects of PROSTAP SR are related to the decrease in oestrogen level. Oestrogen level returns to normal after treatment is stopped. Common side effects include hot flushes, mood swings, depression and vaginal dryness. As can happen naturally when women reach the menopause, PROSTAP SR can cause a small amount of bone thinning. Vaginal bleeding may occur during treatment.

Common side effects include Difficulty sleeping, headaches or hot flushes. - this might explain why you are feeling like you do.

Looking at this I would say your best course of action is to see your doctor at the earliest opportunity.  What you're experiencing may be normal for this treatment, and I'm sure your doctor will advise further.

HTH.

Battyboo

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2019, 11:44:09 PM »

Hi hth. Thank you so much for your in depth reply.

Apologies  yes I'm In the uk.
I had a prostap INJECTION to shut down ovaries and induce menopause. .
I'm taking tiblone hrt , started two weeks ago.
I rang today the GP but couldn't get an appointment.
I'm hoping to see a doctor tomorrow.
Doesn't sound great really does it.
I need some  advice . It's not what I was told would happen from the consultant.
Best wishes, thanks again.

suzysunday

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 11:31:51 AM »

Getting contact with gp's is a nightmare.  Does your practice do phone appointments?  You need prompt advice as my anxiety was terrible when I was bleeding. I am 60 so I knew it wasn't right!

Battyboo

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »

Hi I'm going to the GP today
Absolutely, I understand the anxiety it's the bane of my life.
Hope your ok. Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3