Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Fainting dizzy on estrogel  (Read 3132 times)

donnacrichton

Fainting dizzy on estrogel
« on: November 08, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »

I've not been on here for a while after having a chemical ovary shutdown but then had awful joint problems then got the go ahead for ovary removal. Everything went well with the operation 7 weeks ago and been recovering ok.
Two weeks after the operation the flushing became a big problem so my estrogel was increased from 3 pumps to 3 1/2 as I don't react well to large increases.  Plodded along on 3 1/2 pumps got back to work then problems got worse about 10 days ago. I've started burning up like stronger flushes and VA has kicked in and i don't normally have that much of an issue with VA.
Today at work I completely fainted had dizzy spells most of today and I started spotting.
I've been on 3 1/2 pumps for 5 weeks. My question is could the estrogen still be increasing and that is why I am all over the place or is it an indication I need 4 pumps. I am reluctant only because I've only been back at work for 2 weeks and do not want to make the situation worse. Dizziness and lightheaded are new symptoms for me and I have had a fair few over the years.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fainting dizzy on estrogel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »

There may have been a small amount of ovary left which will continue to generate hormones.

Get the VA sorted.  This is totally different HRT from over-all treatments.  That will be one issue that eases: have U read the appropriate atrophy threads here? 

I have stage feelings of "OH" but not actually dizzy.   Weird!

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 09:01:40 PM »

I was feeling not too bad after the operation until the last 10 days and dont want to rock the boat by going too fast. We all know I've been guilty of that a lot lol. It is like the flushing are now turning to all over burning dont know if after 5 weeks that is a long enough or could it be the estrogen rising causing the issues. I will see about something for the VA never thought that could be independent.  I had thought that would indicate low estrogen. I am still having joint problems but they are improving slowly.  I have to be able to make work as I was off for 6 months on crutches because of the joint problems with the zolidex. I know it is best to wait 3 months but would estrogen rising cause the hypothalamus issues or dizzy spells these are new x

Tracey E

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »

Hi Donna, I would make an appointment with your doctor to discuss a way forward.  Personally I wouldn't increase your Estrogel if you're feeling dizzy.

I used to get the odd dizzy spell going through the Peri stage and I wasn't on HRT back then. I think it would be sensible to get it checked out though.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 12:20:05 AM »

Sorry you are feeling dizzy Donna. I agree that you shouldn't try to work the reasons out yourself but get your docs opinion. If you are having hot flushes throughout the night though then your sleep will be affected and this can cause the dizzy feelings in some people.

Taz x