News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Help!  (Read 3191 times)

Poshpaws

Help!
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:24:47 PM »

I am 52 and have suffered from heavy periods for years - flooding clots etc

Three months ago I missed a period altogether - the following two I had were late and nothing much to write home about one lasted a couple of days

Then on the 20th October I started - wasn't heavy but it's never stopped - eventually went to doctors after two weeks and he prescribed Provera which I have been taking now for five days - it didn't stop the period so they have no prescribed me transamic acid as well which after taking two days as slowed it up

Is this normal?
Blood tests results were all normal and within normal ranges
Thyroid all fine

They have referred me for a ultra sound so waiting for that to be organised

Anyone else had this sort of experience - I'm so worried

Thanks ladies

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:37:41 PM »

Hi of course you will feel worried.  Did your GP explain anything at all?  It could be hormones affecting the womb lining so a scan is a good idea.

Transamic acid should ease the flow after a couple of days.  Make sure that you keep well hydrated and rest when you feel you need to. 

HORMONES  >:(  :welcomemm:

Poshpaws

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 06:46:42 PM »

The first doctor I saw just issued the Provera told me to come back in a month and he will put me on HRT

Doctor that rang me after I rang to say the bleeding hadn't stopped said she would feel happier with a scan - although she didn't seem unduly worried and suggested this coil Moreno ????

So no didn't really explain much - third doctor prescribed the transamic acid which today seems to have lightened the flow

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this ?

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »

I expect lots have.

Put in Mirena coil
Put in Transamic acid
Put in Provera

In the search box, separately.  Make notes!

Some find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:15:39 PM by CLKD »

Poshpaws

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 06:14:55 PM »

Thanks

Got my appointment through this morning for Thursday afternoon for a scan - thank you for your advice I've been reading lots of this forum and it's great to read other people's experiences

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 06:15:55 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

Poshpaws

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 06:37:38 PM »

I will do - thanks for the support

I feel absolutely fine other than this blasted long period - have had hot flushes occasionally in the evenings but a couple of months ago when the periods were all over the place which I think is pretty normal

The bleeding hasn't completely stopped although is much lighter today after taking the Provera and the Transamic acid (or whatever they are called)

Not sure how long I should be taking those as I thought you should only take them for a few days but I'm scared if I stop them now then bleeding will return to heavy and I won't be able to have the scan

Rang the docs to ask yesterday but they didn't bother ringing me back! Which wasn't really very helpful but I feel ok on them

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 01:48:56 AM »

Hi Poshpaws. Just to say that bleeding shouldn't make any difference to being able to have the scan. Although it sounds embarrassing the radiographers are used to dealing with scanning during periods. That was my experience anyway.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Poshpaws

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »

Ok thanks :)