Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Newbie saying hello.  (Read 1426 times)

Glendalesley

Newbie saying hello.
« on: July 05, 2017, 01:34:27 PM »

Hi everyone.
Newbie here  :)
I was prescribed elleste duet 1mg and i have to say I am feeling much better on it. The hot flushes are much reduced, still happens at nights sometimes but I'm very impressed considering I'm still on the 1st packet. Feeling much better in myself too, happier and more motivated. I'm due to start on the green tablets on Saturday and I've been reading horror stories about what they've done to ppl and I have to confess I'm a bit scared, a lot scared in fact!
Is there anybody that did ok on the green tablets? I really don't want to turn into a suicidal screaming maniac! Also is there anybody with hashimotos (underactive thyroid) as elleste can apparently affect us thyroid levels too.
Any replies would be much appreciated  :)

TheWorstWitch

Re: Newbie saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »

Hi Glendalesley and welcome aboard!

I'm very new to all this myself but I know one of the others with more useful experience will be along to say hello shortly!

dazned

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:03:57 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

I did really well on elleste for years so there's no reason why you shouldn't too ! Try to look at it in perspective ,thousands of women are fine and candy on it, MM members are a very small percentage of Meno ladies  ;)

Long may your symptoms be banished.

Glendalesley

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:20:47 PM »

Thank you ladies. Yes I really should try and put it in perspective, I've been on so many meds for my fibromyalgia that had horrendous side effects that I automatically assume I'm going to be sensitive to all meds! Plus I think we all focus on the bad reviews and not the good, I do anyway lol  it is lovely feeling better tho, like a big black cloud has been lifted. I look after my 2yr old granddaughter everyday and I've even kept up with her today lol
I look forward to my menopause journey with you all.
Glenda xx