Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston conti hrt tablet 0.5 mg/2.5mg  (Read 3526 times)

dap5645

Femoston conti hrt tablet 0.5 mg/2.5mg
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:33:34 PM »

Hi everyone,
Not been on for awhile, but wondering if anyone as had a bad stomach when taking femoston conti hrt tablets.
When I started taking them felt fine, then about three months into taking them have had stomach cramps, bad wind, bloating and diaorrhea. I'm not 100% it is these tablets. Keep thinking it might be ibs. I have to take the hrt because of VA and to be honest would not want that back.  Docs don't seem to know anything when I've been. Got a referral though to gastroenterologist in case it is something else.

Hurdity

Re: Femoston conti hrt tablet 0.5 mg/2.5mg
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:28:19 PM »

Some women seem to get digestive issues with tablet HRT and if this is the case with you then transdermal HRT would be recommended ie patches or gel + a separate progestogen. Good to get checked out medically, to be sure though.

Hurdity x

ancient runner

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »

Interesting - am just finishing first pack of Femoston 2/10 and my insides have been churning like mad for the past week. I put it down to having had ABs but maybe not?

dap5645

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 08:15:02 PM »

Sorry not got back sooner Hurdity been feeling rough to be honest.  Yes I have been thinking about getting that Mirena coil and gel to rub on my thigh. My friends said about this because she is on it. Tried a few hrt tablets and I seem to get cramps in my stomach and bad wind  . But often wondering if it's my ibs flaring up.  Thanks for the reply Hurdity  xx 

dap5645

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »

Hi Ancient Runner.   I can't make my mind up if it's these tablets or ibs it's a hard one to fathom out.  But I do think hrt tablets do not suit my digestive system. Feel so bad some days and it's also tiring me out. Think i'm going to try the Mirena coil and gel. in that Mirena coil it's the same progesterone that I had many years ago on the birth control pill Logynon.  Think it's called Levisterone ( well it's something similar). I always felt great on the pill to be honest I would have stayed on that forever. Sorry for late reply, not been too well.   Hope you start feeling better xx