Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Watery mouth and weird taste and nausea?  (Read 8959 times)

jessieblue

Watery mouth and weird taste and nausea?
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:10:37 AM »

Hi friends.  Sorry for the flurry of posts recently.  Last week I had a breast pain freak out.  I went to the breast clinic on friday and had mammogram an examination and was told was all normal!  Thats a great relief and I was very tense and anxious obviously on friday but got through it ok and had quite a relaxed weekend.  This morning I have woken up very anxious and suffering with a watery mouth.....cannot think of a better way to explain it really.  Weird taste I suppose and nauseous feeling.  I have had this before and it often happens as soon as I wake up in the morning and goes once Im up and about.  I put it down to acid reflux although I take meds, but my reflux usually presents with burny acid regurgitation feelings, when I bend over etc.  This is not accompanied with the usual acidy feelings but seems a different type of anxiety linked symptom.  Once I start worrying about it it really takes hold and I am terrified that I will be sick.....have emetophobia too.  I know there are a few emets on here and anxiety sufferers too, I was wondering if anyone has ever had this particular symptom because I cannot let myself go down that road again of another week of fear and terror.  Can thiis sort of thing just be an anxiety symptom?  Thanks again in advance.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Watery mouth and weird taste and nausea?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:57:57 PM »

Anxiety breeds anxiety.  I have a watery mouth today but no reflux etc..  I keep swallowing and am aware of doing so.  Am about to get myself round a cuppa ;-).

Some medications can cause a metallic taste.  What toothpaste do you use, some can cause strange tastes.  Do you drink a lot of coffee as this can leave an after-taste in the night.

Nausea can be because the body is hungry after 8 hours without sustenance - apparently  ::).  [So Himself reassures me when I say "I feel sick"]

Julation

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:48 PM »

Hello jessieblue, I read your posts and we have the same symptoms!!!  Breasts pain last week (terrible in the left one, like a bruise...) and since Saturday, weird taste in mouth with the feeling I have something stucked in my throat. My dentist told me this is coming from dryness due to low E (because this symptom is not the first time for me).  I bought the Biotene products at the pharmacy and it helped a little.  Your nausea is probably coming for hormones imbalance OR the taste in your mouth.  I am the nausea queen so I stopped asking myself where it was coming from.  I just realized that when I eat I feel better.  Try the Biotene mouthwash (or the equivalent in your country - i am in Canada) and it might help you.  I also suffer from GERD and it certainly does not help our condition.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 01:16:33 PM »

Well done your Dentist  :medal:  mine seems pretty clued up too although he is really, really young ;-).

How's the weather in Canada right now?  [see R weather thread ;-) ]

Julation

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 02:40:40 PM »

CLKD weather is perfect today.  Not too hot not too cold!!!  Canada can be very difficult sometimes, weather is always a surprise!  Jessieblue, my mouth is very watery today, don't know why.  I don't recognise my body anymore... constant ear ringing, nausea, dizziness, breast pain... I understand why we all suffer from anxiety.

jessieblue

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »

Thank you all for your replies!  I take no comfort in the fact you guys are also suffering these damn awful symptoms, but I dont feel so alone!!  Thank you for sharing, once again the support has helped immensely.  Interestingly my breast pain has gone comletely since having the mammogram!  So I know I have a psychological element to all my symptoms....its just so hard to convince yourself at the time its happening.  I wish you all peace and better health.  ::)

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 08:52:14 PM »

So right JB! I had terror/panic episode over weekend. As soon as it struck pins and needles were acute I'm in arm and leg. For the first time I talked myself down from it - and am seeing private GP in morning to discuss further. It's just such a horrible time - because my anxiety is convincing me and my rational side of the brain isn't getting airtime at all!!! My low level anxiety is def better - not sure if that's the CBD oil or not??

jessieblue

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »

DaisyB, sorry to hear you had a rough weekend.  I hope the GP is helpful tomorrow.  Where do you get your CBD oil from?  I am interested to give this a go.....well anything that may help really.  Does it have any side effects?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:03 PM »

Go on then Sparkle - 1 can self publish these days  ;)

br350

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 10:18:35 PM »

I've had he watery extra saliva too at times!  I researched it and it's called "water brash".  It's because of excessive acid and is caused by reflux.  Google "water brash".  I was so perplexed about it and finally found information about it.

DaisyB

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 01:34:05 PM »

JB - local health shop - I use medium strength. Private GP made referral for MRI - did some muscle strength tests - said she didn't want to add to my anxiety but better to rule out anything underlying so that I can move forward. Feeling miserable and dealing with anxiety surges by the minute  :'( 

DaisyB

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

I'll buy it Sparkle ;)