Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another evorel storage question please  (Read 5227 times)

Dandelion

Another evorel storage question please
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

Hi
This time I have not left my evorel in the sun, but during the really warm weather (well over 30 degrees) and with me living in a flat which is three floors up, it gets much hotter than 25 degrees the maximum temp evorel is supposed to be stored at.
I know it gets put on our skin and that is warm, but from a helpful reply in my last thread on temperatures, I read that if evorel is stored over 25 dgrees before it gets put on the skin the adhesive gets activated and affects the patch, so, how do I address the problem, will the recent hot weather have affected my patches.
I store the box i am using in my bedroom which gets the sun until midday, and I store the box I am not using in a drawer in a room which also gets the sun until mid day.
How do other ladies store their evorel in this really warm weather? and does it worsen their effectiveness?
I'm quite anxious about this as evorel helps with my anxiety somewhat.
Thanks

Mbrown001

Re: Another evorel storage question please
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 07:35:58 PM »

I'm sure it will be fine stored in a drawer and not in full sun.

Remember these patches are used in one form or another worldwide.

I bet Australian ladies aren't worrying about it. Maybe keep in the coolest room in your house in future if that makes you feel more reassured. How about your bathroom if it's the coolest place.

Try not to worry. I'm sure it will be fine.

Mrs Brown

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:46:16 PM »

I'm sure it will be fine stored in a drawer and not in full sun.

Remember these patches are used in one form or another worldwide.

I bet Australian ladies aren't worrying about it. Maybe keep in the coolest room in your house in future if that makes you feel more reassured. How about your bathroom if it's the coolest place.

Try not to worry. I'm sure it will be fine.

Mrs Brown
Hi I was wondering how women in hot countries store thier evorel. Unfortunately my bathroom is really hot, the bedroom and living room are the coolest but the living room has no curtains, and the sun streams through the window. The patches in the living room are stored in the drawer though. I wonder if its cooler or warmer in the drawer, the drawers are made out of bedroom furniture material not wood.

Mbrown001

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 09:21:12 PM »

I'm sure it will be fine stored out of direct sunlight.
Mine is in my bedside drawer in a sunny south facing room.

I've never given it another thought to be honest.
Just stick it on and forget it.

Try not to worry.

Mrs Brown

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:38 PM »

I'm sure it will be fine stored out of direct sunlight.
Mine is in my bedside drawer in a sunny south facing room.

I've never given it another thought to be honest.
Just stick it on and forget it.

Try not to worry.

Mrs Brown
Thanks, do you notice any difference when the weather gets really hot?

Dana

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »

I'm in Brisbane in Australia and trust me you ladies have nothing to worry about. We had a particularly hot summer this year with about a month of around 35 degress and there were no issues. Cities in the south (Melbourne Adelaide) had it even worse.

I have air conditioning, but it doesn't extend to the bathroom where I keep my patches. Remember that the temperature in the interior of cupboards is not usually as high as outside temps. Just find a nice dark cupboard and store them there.

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 05:54:49 AM »

I'm in Brisbane in Australia and trust me you ladies have nothing to worry about. We had a particularly hot summer this year with about a month of around 35 degress and there were no issues. Cities in the south (Melbourne Adelaide) had it even worse.

I have air conditioning, but it doesn't extend to the bathroom where I keep my patches. Remember that the temperature in the interior of cupboards is not usually as high as outside temps. Just find a nice dark cupboard and store them there.
Hi Thanks
I'm not so bothered about the ones in the drawer it's the ones I keep out of the drawer.
They are not in the sun, but the room definitely gets hotter than room temperature, as I live high up I would say about 35 to 40 degrees.
Do you think the ones kept out of the drawer will be ok.
I still have to use a fan in bed even though I'm on the highest dose of evorel and have used the fan since springtime, but I never needed the fan last year unless it was baking hot in July or august.

Dana

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2017, 09:44:14 PM »

Just keep them all in the drawer if you're worried about them.

Dandelion

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 12:23:47 AM »

Just keep them all in the drawer if you're worried about them.
I never thought. It's a bit late. I would imagine other women have the same issues in summer, would be good to hear from them.

Dandelion

Sorry still worried, just found my patches not in drawer like I thought
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 05:16:06 PM »

Hi

This post is to ask other women on evorel where they keep their patches?
Do you all keep them in cupboards or drawers?
I thought my last two boxes of patches were in the drawer but they were out on the side (not in the sun) the window was closed on one day though, so the room was hotter than 25 degrees C.
I can't order more.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 06:58:40 PM »

Hi Dandelion I keep mine on my bedside table where I can see them even during the heatwave when our room hit 27°C!! if I put them in a draw I would forget to change it.

Mbrown001

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »

In a drawer for me...Next to my bed and I always remember to change  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 05:16:12 PM »

In the fridge if you're worried? Might need a bit longer with a warm palm when applying them though?

Hurdity x

Mbrown001

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 07:12:36 PM »

Don't think that's a good idea. It says to store at room temperature. Putting in a fridge could really interfere with the patch. If they were meant to be stored that way then the PIL would say so.

I would stick to a drawer in a cooler room if you are worried.
Just use what you have....I'm sure they will be just fine and then stick the rest in a drawer.

Mrs Brown

Dandelion

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 07:40:06 PM »

In the fridge if you're worried? Might need a bit longer with a warm palm when applying them though?

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity, thanks but I was advised no fridge.
Pages: [1] 2