Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Breast Pain and going to breast clinic tomorrow.  (Read 1960 times)

jessieblue

Breast Pain and going to breast clinic tomorrow.
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »

Hi eveyone.  Climbing the walls with terror at the moment.  Im 54 and post meno with a mirena coil no hrt.  I have had random breast pain in the past my right breast being the worst culprit for it.  I had a breast lump 19 years ago during pregnancy and had breast ultrasound and needle biopsy which diagnosed a cyst.  Since then I have been terrorised by that breast!  I cannot touch it or feel for lumps and I have always been too scared to have mammogram.  This week I have felt this random pain....I say pain, its not a bad pain, just a soreness.  It feels a bit like a sore muscle.  It hurts when I move in certain ways but in the breast.  Having been suffering intense anxiety for the last year, this has just totally gotten a hold of me.  I booked for a breast clinic tomorrow to have eveything done.  Mammogram ultrasound, whatever is needed.  Hopefully I will know if I have a tumour or anything by tomorrow, although a biopsy may take longer.  To say I am terrified is an understatement.  Has anyone had any experience with weird breast pains and sensations before?  I know its normal before meno but have read less so after.

dahliagirl

Re: Breast Pain and going to breast clinic tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/benign-breast-conditions

Hi - this is a site that I have looked at in the past for non-cancer issues (google alwaystells you you have cancer  ;) )

I get a lot of pain on one side.  It was picked up as dense on a screening mammogram but nothing was found.  They told me that cancer is not painful.  I think I get hormonal blips where the tissues swell then do not drain well.  I also have this issue with bras.  I have found it difficult to get a well fitting bra at the moment - in fact I have a pile on my desk that need returning  >:(

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 03:05:11 PM »

jessie, I've just looked up this recent thread that you may find reassuring. It discusses this subject at length - do have a read.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,35831.0.html

I wish you well x

jessieblue

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »

Thankyou so much for being there AGAIN ladies.  I will take a look at the links now, thank you so much.  I actually havent googled.....I have in the past so already have plenty of stored information! I know many things I saw before said pain wasnt a normal symptom........but then there are stories of people who did have pain too.  I know I am paranoid about any body sensation right now, maybe my mind is magnifying it.  I need to get the mammogram anyway, so once I am there  will be processed.  If I were to go to my doctor, I probably would duck out of the follow up appointments if things settle down, so I know I need to face this and get on with it.

Teresa, I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and hope you are feeling well now.  You make me feel very humble, I am freaking out at this stage and you have been to hell and back.  Thank you for your comment, it means a lot. Wishing you the very best of health in the future. xx

coldethyl

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 10:30:22 AM »

Thank you, that's very kind.I'm feeling so much better than a few.months ago.Every day brings its pain and discomfort.I now suffer with joint pains, mobility problems in my arm, dry mouth syndrome and resulting dental problems and chronic fatigue..life is different forever but it carries on😊x

Lovely to hear from you. Sorry you're still experiencing side effects. I'm the same. Don't think they prepare you enough for the possibility of long term effects of chemo - I ache all over , have sciatica if I overdo exercise ( and some dats 25 mins on treadmill is over doing it! ) and my fibromyalgia started up again so I feel 90 some days. The mouth thing is vile and comes and goes - I've found sucking a sharp lemon sweet or having a small fruit ice lolly helps a bit. As you say life is very different but it is life. X

coldethyl

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »

JB - try not to worry too much. I understand your anxiety as ridiculously, despite having had ovarian cancer last year, I won't feel breasts myself and need to organise mammogram if I've not been called by October according t my oncology team. You've done a brave thing booking and at least with the one stop style service offered for breast cancer, you hopefully should have answers by the end of your appointment. Fingers crossed for you xxx

coldethyl

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »

Sorry that sounded really negative! 😊It's amazing how much strength you can find.I had a second cancer and two ops so my discomfort is slightly increased.breast cancer is highly treatable these days.xx

Not negative at all. It's how things can be. I follow lot of women on Twitter with various cancers and although all grateful for treatment, some have been left with a wide range of post chemo issues. My oncology nurse said it can take years to really get out of system. As you say , breast cancer in particular is highly treatable with a wide range of options . Fingers crossed it turns out to be nothing for JB x