Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Week 3 on Estrogel and Ustrogen  (Read 1818 times)

Burchers

Week 3 on Estrogel and Ustrogen
« on: July 02, 2018, 04:01:01 PM »

Well I'm so fed up I am feeling so hormonal it's awful. I'm getting teary at stupid things, I despise my husband . Anxiety is there almost constantly.
My belly,hips and bum feel like they have doubled in size.

I'm doing 3 pumps of Estrogel and taking 100mg Ustrogen daily.

Any ideas what I could do. I'm at the point of giving up

paisley

Re: Week 3 on Estrogel and Ustrogen
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »

I can't help on the utrogeston as I don't take it anymore as I had a hyster 7 years ago. The utrogeston made me feel crazy when I was in perimenopause before hyster. I'm not an expert on it & hopefully someone else will come along. Is there a possibility you can take less of the utrogeston but I don't if that is possible or not?
The oestrogel I can help with because I have been on it before & it took a good month for the side effects to fade for me & yes I felt worse before better. I am on something similar but it is a spray. I have been on it since 12 April & increased it 10 days ago. I know some women do not feel any side effects when they start HRT but a lot do, me included. Have you any idea if you think it is the utrogeston or the oestrogel that is causing the side effects

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 05:48:16 PM »

It usually takes 4 - 6 weeks to see an improvement . Did you feel like this before you started the Oestrogel?

Burchers

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:01:26 PM »

I started them together. I can't do the cycle as had ablation 2 yrs ago and not had a period since. In fact all started about 2 months after last period.

How do you get them little round Utrogestan tablets to go inside vaginally

Burchers

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 06:22:40 PM »

I was on Femseven Conti patches for 6 months but was suffering with aching joints and fussy brain fog and anxiety.

This week on new regime nausea, sore boobs have stopped. I've noticed my joints stopped aching and the brain fog seems to have lifted.

I'm just struggling with anxiety,grumpiness and my husband winds me up.We just don't seem able to have the simplest of conversations without him annoying me

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »

Think you need to give it more time.

Burchers

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:46 PM »

I'm completely baffled how my Utrogestan can be taken vaginally or orally.
Mine are small balls, how do they dissolve and how do they work

Conolly

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »

Hello Burchers,

I have taken Utrogestan vaginally for a brief period, the small balls dissolve and you will sometimes have white bits from the capsule appear in urine. I reckon the vaginal route is stronger, ie deliver more progesterone, so you would probably have more side effects from progesterone itself but not from the metabolites produced by oral route. I have also found that daily vaginal Utrogestan was too much for me, felt dizzy, groggy and headachey. If I have to try it again (still having tests,scans) I will try every other day continually. My Gynae is ok with that.

Conolly x

Burchers

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 08:16:58 PM »

I'm just completely confused

Conolly

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

Sorry, t is confusing!  :)

Utrogestan is a whitei-sh capsule made of jelly and oil with progesterone inside. If you take it orally it will be metabolised by your liver in other substances that might give you some side effects. If you take it vaginally the capsule will melt and deliver progesterone to the uterus where it will be assimilated and do its job, keep the lining thin. You might have some progesterone entering your body through the vaginal mucosa so it may cause some side effects as well but they can be different because you won't have the other substances (metabolites).

When taken vaginally it will deliver a higher amount of progesterone than taken orally because it won't be metabolised by your liver, so you can take a smaller dose by vaginal route.

Conolly X