Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hair loss, muscle weakness, tingling, cramps, rash  (Read 4508 times)

DaisyB

Hair loss, muscle weakness, tingling, cramps, rash
« on: July 30, 2017, 11:26:42 AM »

Since I have experienced all of the above I am still searching for answers and solutions.  From previous posts some of you will know I have had quite severe health anxiety - which has often been blamed as the cause. I am heading for an MRI tomorrow to rule out slipped disc in my neck as neuro consultant felt there was no underlying neurological problems. Good news so far.
What I have noticed though is a marked improvement in the anxiety with the increase in estrogel. I have also noticed marked improvement with muscle numbness cramps tingling coordination. Hair loss is now minimal also.

I've started supplements (on advice from Claire Snowdon Darling) as well as carefully watching my daily intake of balanced meals to include 'good fats' - now the rash has started to disappear! So I googled and found this fact sheet and thought I'd share incase it may be of benefit to someone else. I am taking magnesium and B complex 3 times a day and a supplement called nutri female -
Hope the link works!

DaisyB xx

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/8a/31/f88a313c1bbadd3fa2d92998abfda9fb--toe-cramps-remedies-muscle-cramp-remedies.
Sent from my iPhone

Annie0710

Re: Hair loss, muscle weakness, tingling, cramps, rash
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 11:38:31 AM »

In case of potassium deficiency I can highly recommend coconut water (I think this source is the safest with the highest potassium content) brand is Vita Coco.   If you don't like the taste either mix with fresh orange juice or try the chocolate flavour (lush!!!!)

X

Sooby

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:14:35 PM »

The link works DaisyB and thanks for sharing.

Many people view supplements as unnecessary as they feel that they should receive all that they need from their diet.

I certainly find them beneficial along with a healthy eating plan.

Great to hear that you have started to get to the bottom of your symptoms and are starting to feel better.

DaisyB

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 05:16:28 PM »

Thanks Annie and Sooby - from what I've read diet isn't enough as our soil is depleted of vital nutrients etc and in my case I've IBS so there's a school of thought now suggesting that absorption in the stomach is impaired.

I have noticed such a difference - it's working for me - although I think everyone's 'recipe' for journeying through meno should and will be unique to them.

I put coconut water in my morning smoothie Annie  :)

When my dad was very ill last month and in high dependency - then neuro ward - a lady was admitted who could barely walk - all sorts of symptoms but her family said she couldn't remember anything her memory had deteriorated so quickly. They discovered soon after she had severe Vit B deficiency! I'm not sure what the underlying reason was but the poor woman was in a bad way.
Glad the link worked.  :)

DaisyB xx

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:19:35 PM »

I think over 50s should be periodically checked for but b12 deficiency, absorption is compromised the older we get.  Many patients presenting with confusion etc should be trialled on b12

DaisyB

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 05:29:09 PM »

Annie I agree! I got my dad to start them when he came away with us a few weeks ago. Very quickly we all noticed a difference in his mood, concentration and energy. When he got home he stopped ( he was worried that it would interfere with all of his medicines! ) and mum noticed a deterioration almost immediately!
I dont believe it was a coincidence. I've asked him to mention to his neuro consultant this week ::)

Sooby

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 06:32:44 PM »

My animals diet is more scientifically controlled and nutritionally complete than most peoples  :D

Despite this they also get offered a supplement. Its really interesting to see how much they make use of it. I have my soil tested annually and  either add what is lacking into the soil or make sure my animals get whats missing in a supplement.

I think that you are right everyones journey is different but if you have found something that works for you stick with it DaisyB!

DaisyB

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 06:33:23 AM »

Well I just remembered I started taking a Guinness whilst away earlier this month - as I've gone off wine last few months. Not that I would encourage any one to drink alcohol  ;D  but you know it has a high iron content - so maybe the rash disappearing is linked too the Guinness??  ::) ;)  Who knows .....

Sooby

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »

Well its as good a reason as any. You keep swigging your "medicinal" beverage.

Interesting that you have gone off the wine though, I find it gives me the most terrible headaches and makes me feel dreadful even if I water it down. Champagne and prosecco is even worse sadly.

Thank goodness I can still enjoy a "medicinal" gin ::)

Annie0710

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »

I think over 50s should be periodically checked for but b12 deficiency, absorption is compromised the older we get.  Many patients presenting with confusion etc should be trialled on b12
Totally agree.  Unfortunately the 'normal' range is huge so you can be classed as ok when you're near the bottom of the scale, crazy!

X

Yes I've fallen victim to that, mine was below our range at 197 and they told me it's fine x