Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti side effects  (Read 6429 times)

Sarai

Evorel conti side effects
« on: June 16, 2017, 09:51:55 PM »

Sorry I'm back asking questions again. Ok so one year post meno, age 55.

I have 1 patch left then I have done 3 months on Evorel conti 50.

My big issue is getting huge heavy sore boobs back again. During the year or so around final period my boobs had shrunk and finally stopped hurting what bliss. I'm getting mood swings too but can deal with that.

Can anybody tell me if there is a chance this can settle? I've got spine fractures and only doing hrt for bones but the new heavy boobs makes my back hurt more.

I thought I was doing so well on them basically feeling nothing but not sure I want 5+ years of sore boobs.

Optimist

Re: Evorel conti side effects
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 06:45:29 AM »

Hi Sarai
I can sympathise with you on this! I've been taking everol sequi for 6 months now but the last 6-7 weeks my boobs became very heavy and sore. No idea why but I seem to be getting more side effects overall and it may be my own hormones have kicked in to play also.
Anyway I was taking starflower 1300mg from holland and barrett but they'd not had 1300mg in when I last bought it so used the 1000mg one instead without realising the GLA concentrate was lower! I've since realised this coincided with my boobs getting sore. They felt like really sore lead tennis balls in socks, (they've never been that big 😁) so I ordered the higher dose online and started taking the 1300mg starflower again last Monday and already so much better again!! Hardly any soreness. I would definitely recommend you give them a try if you can.
Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »

Sorry to hear this Sarai. If you are post-menopausal then your boobs will definitely become more dense due to the oestrogen but any initial tenderness as a result of the oestrogen should settle (provided the dose is not very high - which it isn't in your case). However progestogens do tend to also cause painful boobs and  maybe this side effects does not settle - or is slower to do so? If it continues then it is possibly worse due to the fact you are taking the progestogen continuously - albeit transdermally,  and the progestogen in your HRT type - norethisterone - sometimes causes more pms like side effects in some women. Possibly might think of changing to a sequi type if you could bear to have a bleed, or a different type of progestogen?

Hurdity x

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

Optimist I take 1000mg of starflower oil and b6 but I think I will give 1300mg a try. Was it Holland and Barrett's own?

Sarai

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 10:03:16 PM »

Hurdity thanks. I may hang on until 6 months and see. Sadly painful boobs were the story of my life but I did enjoy the last year or so without them.
Considering a bleed may be an option if I don't improve by 6 months.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:17:37 PM »

Hope things improve for you! :)

Hurdity x

Optimist

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »

Hi sarai
Yes the holland and Barret 1300mg with b6 it has the highest GLA dose.
It's definitely made a difference as other side effects are still apparent but I'm asking for a referral to the meno clinic to hopefully try find a resolve, as Hurdity states the norethisterone has a mind of its own!!  Good luck. X

wombat62

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »

I'd been okay on combo patches until I had to change because of shortages. The tablet norethisterone, I think, has caused boob problems as well.

After a couple of months I went back to doc as they were slowly getting better but still having sore days. Anyway, back on patches although only doing one week as supply is still an issue so trying to eek them out, boobs have got better but still don't feel quite right! Maybe I'll try the starflower oil....another supplement on top of everything else!

Hope they do settle for you as it can be pretty uncomfortable! I was more concerned about all the hormonal activity going on in there, not sure if it's worrying or not!

Sarai

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »

I know why they suddenly started hurting, I've now got a bleed, great. Just hit the end of my 3rd month.
So anxiety through the roof no matter how many articles I read. Even the leaflet says 'first few months', what does that even mean?
It's not the bleed as such but the worry as I worry a lot. Quite miffed too as I've had 17 months of no periods.