Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Totally confused! !  (Read 1732 times)

Tinkerbellj

Totally confused! !
« on: June 16, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »

Ok so I have regular periods even thou I am peri. I am on oestrogen gel and utgesterone vaginally every other month. Except now my . consultant has now said I need to take it every month cuz of breakthru bleedings.i said u mean my period every month she said oh no that must be breakthru bleeding.  Does no one listen! ! About to ditch the whole lot..couldnt feel much worse anyway. It stops the hot flushes but that s it still really low mood and currently walking with crutches cuz of severe joint pain.sorry for rant but I give up!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Totally confused! !
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »

You may need more rather than less  ::). - maybe contact a Pharmacist, they have private rooms for discussion these days.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »

Ive been on the max dose for months...and this is my 6th different one. It was the breakthru bleeding comment that got me....seriously I told them I had regular periods since when did breakthru bleeding come regularly every 28 days!!!! And last for four full days. Ahhhhhh!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »

Is there a Practice Nurse or a Pharmacist close by - most have private rooms now to give advice.

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:00:08 PM »

Think I will talk to them on monday if I get a chance. Getting nowhere with meno clinic at all.

Dmt

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 09:10:23 AM »

I still have regular periods and I use Utrogestan 200mg pessaries for 10 days every 3 months. I take 1mg estrogen tablet every morning and night and top up my estrogen levels with  the gel during the day. I apply a pea size of Tostran  a every morning. I've been doing this since mid march and my mood has improved ten fold. I would say I am back to my old self, apart from the 10 days of progesterone, when my mood is low & I become irritable & not very pleasant to be around. I menstruate every 32 days regardless. I think you definitely may need to increase your estrogen and less progesterone?