Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weight Gain  (Read 14796 times)

Annie0710

Re: weight Gain
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 09:16:05 PM »

I reduced the estrogel yesterday and decided to take the 3 day progesterone break. The bloating and fluid retention had got so uncomfortable. It's a tiny bit better today, but not a lot. I do have a headache, probably from the drop in estrogen so that may need to go back up.

Annie0710 if you do not take progesterone and my bloating hasn't gone by tomorrow, the. It must be the estrogen, or a combination. Just so strange how the pill which is much stronger doesn't do it. I have read that transdermal is more likely to cause bloating than tablets so I may look at changing to tablets.

Update:  driving today in this heat with air con not working my ankles and fingers have ballooned up more than they already were, I read as to what causes fluid retention as I get this most summers and one that was mentioned was hrt ! So I've taken a diuretic tablet and am peeing for England tonight !

Katia

Re: weight Gain
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 02:58:35 PM »

Annie0710, I absolutely love the heat, I can walk around in 40 degree weather and have been so lucky I've never bloated.  Must be the years living in the Middle East and Florida.  My fluid has gone down a bit, even in the heat, from the estrogel reduction and the break in utro.  The two pumps isn't enough, but I'll stay with it this week while I add in the utro and then I'll be able to tell if it's both of them or just one. 

Dangermouse, you're right, it's not a case of calories in/calories out.  I have read the estrogen triggers the 'I'm hungry' signal and the progesterone the 'I'm full' signal.   I've been reading some studies and there is a lot more to menopause than estrogen/progesterone.  The adrenals and their hormones also seemt o play a big part. 
Pages: 1 [2]