Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Still can't get topical oestrogen!  (Read 5627 times)

Maryjane

Re: Still can't get topical oestrogen!
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:09 AM »

EviePF.   I see Miss Henderson also she is lovely and very on the ball.

She also had my article all printed off to chat with me about it , which I found impressive that she took the time interest to do so , wether private or not.

Everyone I no who goes  private and then gets there prescription on the NHS, it's not about wether you can afford to go , for many it's down to desperation because they have been let down so , and they have to scrape the money together.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:15:58 AM by Maryjane »

Maryjane

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »

Yes it can be bought online as can all HRT , which is so bizarre as we go to the GP for help guidance and end up potentially being pushed to do it ourselves via the web. Absolutely mad.

Zara69

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 12:49:24 PM »

Hello Maryjane and shortie, I have bought ovestin cream online...I use it tentatively but it was £30 for two tubes...gonna be expensive if I need it for life so I am trying to get it prescribed also I'm stubborn and it's become a matter of principle...none of us should have to resort to these means to get things and pay over the odds for this essential stuff! Young female dinosaurs in my practice shortie! The 3 ladies are no older than mid thirties, both men GPS are thirties also and push anti depressants first (which is crap)  the two nurses are older prob late fifties, I asked one how she manages and she said "very badly - terrible menopause"! I begged her for a prescription...she said "I just can't " which made me feel it's some odd, outdated surgery rules or something.

Zara69

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2017, 01:16:03 PM »

Shortie...you've made me laugh out loud!  Sweating, brain-fog ridden! 😂

Maryjane

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »

Shortie 🤣

Ljp

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2017, 01:49:08 PM »

Zara - this is just absolute nonsense. Do I understand that all you want is a bit estriol cream? Don't bother paying for a private consultant, you can easily buy it online. This product is incredibly weak. Women put in on their faces! If you need help buying it, pm me. You REALLY shouldn't be suffering needlessly. Your practice is full of dinosaurs!

Sx

I have yet to find where I can 'easily' buy it online, I've only found on prescription availability?

Zara69

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 04:01:52 PM »

Hi Ljp....it is prescription only but some online pharmacies have the option to pay for a private prescription...hence the higher cost.  You have to answer quite a few questions...a doctor apparently reviews it and either sanctions it or not.  It took a couple of days for men to be approved.

Hurdity

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »

No-one should have to go privately nor buy any HRT online! This is so wrong!

If you can get a private prescription online through a proper consultation then that sounds like the way to go in the short term - but I wonder how expensive that is? Can you get the prescription thus generated sent to your practice?

You mean they ignored Dr Currie's recommendation? Can they refer you to a menopause clinic? I would have thought they were bound to if the practice refuses to prescribe and you request this?

There really needs to be some consistency countrywide doesn't there? It is so unfair that some women are able to access the right treatment whereas others are not.

Hurdity x

Zara69

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 10:44:34 AM »

Hallelujah!!! After 3 months of asking and 6 weeks of waiting for an answer from a gynaecologist (she said yes) - I have my vagifem prescribed along with my patches!....good god, what a palaver! 🙄

Hurdity

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

Excellent result Zara69 :)

Now let's hope it does the trick!

Hurdity x

ancient runner

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »

Well done! But, good grief as well.

Lanzalover

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 02:15:36 PM »

Hi Zara69

So pleased to hear you have finally got a prescription for vagifem but a four and a half month wait is totally unacceptable.

Hope you will soon be feeling much better.

Lanzalover x

Zara69

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 02:22:53 PM »

I hope it works...I will let you know.  I was so relieved when I heard the answer was yes but now I'm really annoyed, I could have started using this months ago and be hopefully much better by now! Still, I've got it now and maybe my persistence will have helped other women at my surgery.
Pages: 1 2 [3]