Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Still can't get topical oestrogen!  (Read 5625 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Still can't get topical oestrogen!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:13 PM »

That's just awful Zara- many women need both topical and systematic oestrogen. Is there are practice manager you can complain to?
This is outrageous- go back to your GP and insist on it. Complain in writing. This is just so wrong and I'm sorry you're having to fight for this. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 02:32:35 AM »

Or have a chat with a Pharmacist in your area to see which GPs support menopause? 

Maryjane

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2017, 05:20:29 AM »

I would personally go private due to the stress this will be causing.

I would then report the GP to whatever body is appropriate ( starring with the practice manager ).

OR I no of a lady and others , if there GP turns down medication/ tests that are deemed to be necessary and if they refuse , a letter is written to the surgery outlining that the GP has refused medication etc , and any consequences from having the medication withdrawn will basically be on the GPs head , this is delivered and HAS to go on the patients notes , and the GP HAS to reply and GPs do not like paper trails , these are ladies in early menopause.

I would also take your husband with you , I would go with all the facts saying what NICE recommends and do they also IGNORE cancer treatments/ diabetes / thyroid suggestions via NICE also ? if so I would suggest they should not be practicing and part of there oath " to do no harm " is NOT being adhered too.

ALSO ask them where they get there information from , and perhaps they consider themselves above the likes of Dr Currie / Prof Studd / Mr Panay / Professor Lansdowne and maybe they should take over there jobs.

If you lived close to me I would come with you , as this makes me EXTREMELY cross. Total arrogance.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »

I'm still tamping about this  :cuss:

Zara69

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 06:54:37 PM »

Thanks ladies I'd be so lost without your advice x I will let you know when I've heard back from the gynae...if no luck they I will do as you all suggest ...complain, report and go somewhere else! X

Zara69

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:34:18 PM »

I must belong to the worst surgery ever...I have seen both practice nurses and all 5 yes 5 GPs.  I just said to the fifth Dr today "well I don't think anyone here is willing to prescribe systemic HRT along with topical oestrogen no matter what I say" She said "there are RISKS!" I said tiny ones ....topical equal to 1 extra tablet etc etc.  She said I can have vagifem if I give up the patches!🙄 (Why do I have to choose?!)  I've taken in maryjanes article, quoted Nice guidelines offered an email consult from Dr Currie - no one is interested.  They have written to a gynae for advice but no reply yet.  Today she said she will chase the response but it still might be no!  I will give them one more week and then asked to be referred but that will prob be months.  I'm considering paying- does anyone have any idea of costs?

Maryjane

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »

Appalling , to think they consider themselves above the likes of Mr Panay etc is quite frankly can't think of the word but anyway it is.

About £300.00 , then the prescription will be via NHS as they will be written to and put in there place.

I have also written another article which is on GP ( NHS/Private GP) website about VA.

Zara69

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 05:57:43 PM »

Thanks Maryjane I think this is the way to go.  I've sat and cried in front of these people...so uncaring I can't believe it.

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »

Zara69 -that is just so bad.
Complain to the practice manager.

Maryjane

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »

https://menopausedoctor.co.uk/

You can see this lady. My VA piece is on her page .

Eviepf

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 07:27:43 PM »

Hi Zara. I'm so sorry that you're still having to deal with this.

It really does sound like your best bet might be to go private. You shouldn't need to, of course, but as Maryjane says, this must be stressing you out beyond belief. I see Anne Henderson in Harley Street (she also has a clinic in Kent) and her charges were 300 pounds for the first consultation and 200 for subsequent consultations - prescriptions via my GP, on the NHS.

Zara69

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »

Thank you so much, London is close to me, I'm going to look into private...I'm tired of it all x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 09:47:51 PM »

A GP doesn't have to prescribe on the NHS is a patient visits a private consultant, particularly if they don't ask for a referral.  The thought is that if a patient can afford to have a private consult then they can continue to pay for prescriptions etc..

Do let us know how you get on! 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

I ended up seeing private gynae as I was having difficulty getting the treatment I needed for my VA. I paid £180, that was about 18 months ago and she sent a letter to GP with suggested treatment....best money I have spent in a look time!
We shouldn't have to pay privately but I was like you getting told a load of outdated nonsense.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 10:20:07 PM »

All my prescriptions have been on the NHS apart from the first one she gave me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3