Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Left sided weakness - terrified  (Read 13023 times)

DaisyB

Left sided weakness - terrified
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:09:52 AM »

Girls I'm absolutely terrified. Middle of the night and my arm and leg don't feel like my own. They are not responding at the same rate as the rest of my body. I have just left my mum this evening in the cardiac unit - following a heart attack- my dad is still in recovery - my OH just wants me back to normal - and I know this couldn't be estrogen related. It started with a slight weakness and feeling of heaviness in arm and leg back in January. It has definitely progressed - I feel sick lying here. CBD has gotten me so far - and I am thankful it seems to be controlling the pure terror I am feeling. Chiropractor said today he was almost sure it is nerve compression in neck. But I feel that if that was the case it wouldn't be getting steadily worse. My fingers and hand are clumsy and the muscles in my leg feel heavy and stiff. Pins and needles are almost constant in parts of the muscles.  I am so frightened girls.
I know that every time I have mentioned it to GP, Gynae and chiropractor I have been focusing more on meno related symptoms - hoping it would go away.
I spent almost two weeks visiting my dad in the neurological ward and it terrifies me.
Sorry to unburden but I've nowhere else to go with this.

DaisyB xx

Maryjane

Re: Left sided weakness - terrified
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:40:54 AM »

It's highly likely to be stressed related even on one side of the body , HOWEVERas this has been going on for so long then you need to be assessed by a neurologist? to hopefully allay any fears , because it is easy to blame everything on menopause/ and the medical profession to do the same.

Try and stay calm .....I have had EVERY medical symptom thrown at me since starting this meno nonsense. 😊

Remember to breath properly to calm the breath , go on Utibe to find videos or does help.....I do something called the 4,7,8 breath look it up. X

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 04:59:10 AM »

Have you seen your gp ? You need to rule out things.  Have you had your b12 level checked too ? X

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:37:00 AM »

Yes as Annie said B12 / ferritin / vit d all need checking as I was extremely low / low in all of them and many symptoms have improved.

DaisyB

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 06:23:15 AM »

Thank you girls - GP to call me today with vit B12 results. I also do 4-7-8 - ended up waking OH was so bad. He talked me through it. Iron was low few months back. But gynae told me to stop it as bleeding had stopped. I am petrified but will ask for neurological referral.

DaisyB xx

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 06:38:38 AM »

Hello DaisyB.

So sorry that you are suffering like this. The other ladies have given you good advice but I know how easy it is for panic to set in.

Take care and let us know what the GP says when he/she calls.

K.

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 07:15:22 AM »

Thank you Kathleen x

Claireylou

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this Daisy, it must be really scary for you.

I hope you get some answers and start to feel better really soon xxx :tulips:

Mbrown001

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »

Would it not be an idea to just go to A &E and get this checked out quickly rather than putting yourself through the agony of waiting for a referral.

I honestly think we are too quick to blame the menopause for everything without getting checked out.

So sorry to hear about both of your parents. What a terrible time for you all.

Mrs Brown

Bane

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 07:55:41 AM »

Hello DaisyB.

So sorry to hear of your suffering. This could be the anxiety acting into play as your parents conditions is also the factor.

Take care

DaisyB

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 08:16:59 AM »

Girls thank you - I'm currently wearing compression stockings in bed and have popped 5000iu B12 - I had started this last week along with CBD oil. Had only taken 1 dose last couple days which have been topsy turvy due to mum and dad being ill. I can feel a difference for the better- but I'm not a dr and I realise it could be the placebo effect.
I did check the pernicious anaemia website. I have a lot of the symptoms but equally symptoms can cross over many conditions.

I am expecting a call from private GP - I will ask for guidance. If it's going to be a lengthy referral I have direct contact with my dad's neurologist , who i will seek advice from today.

It's very frightening when your body is not behaving as it should - especially when you take care to look after it xx

The fear of the unknown is one of the greatest challenges I think any of us have to deal with.

Hopefully get it resolved soon

DaisyB Xx

Megamind

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:54 AM »

Daisy, you mentioned on your other thread you have a problem with C3 in your neck. If you google it you will see it does cause the problems you are having with pins and needles, numbness etc. However, it shouldn't effect your leg but i wonder if the leg feeling is psychological brought on by your panic and anxiety?

Interesting it happens at night. I would say its the position you are sleeping in and the positioning of your neck during sleep which is irritating the nerve. Also i do believe after your chiro treatment yesterday it probably made things worse. He said himself it has got worse since he started treatment.

Hopefully GP will point you in the right direction x

babyjane

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »

What is frightening you the most DaisyB?  I hope you can get some professional advice soon to allay your fears or get some effective treatment for this. 

breeze

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 09:12:12 AM »

Higher spine problems can cause knock-on problems further down. It can throw the whole spine out of line.

This happened to me. Bad left leg sciatica but caused by displaced veribra at top of spine.

See a good physio.

wombat62

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »

Hi

Hope you can get seen soon and get some answers to ease your worries. Stress can do some odd things and obviously you have so much going on at the moment.

I also think that night time makes any health issues worse, the fear of being ill at night seems to make you panic even more, well it does me for sure!

The 4,7,8 thing works really well and also try a distraction exercise...but like counting sheep to make your brain think about something else.

Hope the folks and you will be ok. Take care .....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4