Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evorel 25  (Read 7609 times)

Artmouse

Evorel 25
« on: June 12, 2017, 02:09:43 PM »

Hi all,

I've just started using Evorel 25 patches and am wondering if anyone has any useful advice/experience they could add.  I'm thinking this patch isn't very strong (?) and hope it will actually make a difference.  Suffering from bad joint pain, insomnia, anxiety, low mood, bladder issues (yay!).   Also not sure if I am supposed to be taking progesterone as well as still having periods, even though spaced apart like 2-3 months.  Basically, am a bit nervous about how this will go!

Thanks,
Jane

Yorkshire Girl

Re: Evorel 25
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »

Hi Artmouse, I'm on Everol 50. Yes you're right 25 is a low dose, it does seem to be the starting dose, as i started on 25 a different brand not much relief, it can help some symptoms but generally you won't notice until on higher dose. Sorry can't help with the progesterone as I had a hysterectomy along with removal of ovaries. It just takes time & patience.

Artmouse

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:56:48 PM »

Hi Yorkshire Girl,
How do you find Evorel 50 - has it helped most of the symptoms?
Guess I feel like I can't wait for things to improve but as you say it might take a while....

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:10:55 PM »

Artmouse what I've noticed with the 50 dose it has done away with the hot flushes, helped with vaginal dryness and sleeping. I now suffer from aches & pains in my legs, palpitations & still feel tired - some days worse than others. I'm quite lucky that I don't suffer to badly but whether that's because I'm in my early 40's I don't know.
Your symptoms will improve but you may need a higher dose before you'll feel the effects.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:26:09 PM »

Hi Artmouse

Yorkshire Girl said that is a low dose. The average dose for post-menopause and late peri is 50 mcg patch. I started this dose is late peri-menopause at age almost 54 and still taking it age 64. Some women start on this lower dose to ease into HRT gently or if they are still having very regular periods and just need to boost their oestrogen a little. Also some women reduce to this when much older in post-menopause as a way of getting a little oestrogen without stopping completely - and yes you do need some sort pf progestogen if you still have a uterus. However some gynaes who prescribe extra oestrogen to women who are having regular periods, prescribe it slightly less often because they are often producing a plenty of their own through their regular cycles - but this should only be done ( ie infrequent progesterone) under medical supervision.

In your position no reason not to soon move up to 50 mcg but you will need to ask your doc for the progestogen - not sure why you haven't been prescribed it?

Hurdity x

Bane

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:13:44 AM »

I am also on Everol 50, it good to start with low dosage and increase it after but the relief is not much still have the symptoms. I hope things will change for all of us positively...

Artmouse

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 11:26:36 AM »

Thanks for comments all....I hope things will change for all us too.  It was bad enough having PMT etc. etc. for years! 

I really didn't want to take HRT but once I started getting anxiety on top of everything else, OMG it has just been too much.  I had no idea, no one warns you do they?

Have been learning to drive and I think my menopausal anxiety has made it much much more difficult  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 10:22:22 PM »

No they don't - I was in blissful ignorance!

Don't forget to see the doc about a progestogen though, and let us know how you get on .....

Hurdity x