Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: perimenopause  (Read 13639 times)

warwick01

Re: perimenopause
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 02:11:43 PM »

Hi hope it's not to late to jump in on this thread.

I have just changed from 3 pumps of ostrogel per day to estrodot 50. It will be day 7 tomorrow and although yesterday was a really good day, I have woke up today feeling flu type symptoms with dizzy feeling.

I have noticed my patch is a little loose and is due for changing this eve. My question is, are these side effects esp dizziness common and will they settle???

W

Linsnw

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »

Before I was prescribed HRT I took St Johns wort for anxiety and it took the edge off within a couple of weeks and an added bonus of getting rid of my night sweats.  I took the one that had added 5 HTP (amazon).  You cant take it with HRT as it interacts but if you're not on that yet I would recommend it. Anxiety was my worst side effect followed by dizzyness.
Good Luck

Salad

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 06:03:45 PM »

Hi warwick01

I use Oestrogel so have no experience of patches - however, I get flu-like symptoms and a woozy head when my oestrogen level is too low (amongst other things!). I would normally increase my dose until I feel better. Could it be that your patch is getting towards the end of its effectiveness?

Perhaps it might take a while to your body to adjust to a new method of HRT so maybe you'll feel better in a few more weeks.

Hope you feel better soon x

warwick01

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 06:34:24 PM »

Thanks Ladies for your replies.

It could be a combination of going down to 50mc patch which is lower than 3 pumps of gel. My face is flushing all the time and muzzy head. I will give it a little more time and see if things get better.....

W

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »

Hi warwick01 - I haven't used gel either but agree it might take a while for your body to acclimatise to the different method of obtaining oestrogen. I get slight dizziness/light-headedness how and again anyway but not seriously enough to do anything about it. I hope your side effects settle soon!

Hurdity x

dogdoc

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 04:34:56 PM »

Suzy those are the words I most want to hear. Just started estrogen about a month ago, and better, but not 'normal'. Oh how I miss normal. The normal I want is to be out there 'just living my life' and not obsessed with every feeling, twitch or twinge of my body thinking 'this is it'. I swear I might have post traumatic stress after this.
tara

Suzyq

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 02:47:37 AM »

You'll come through it! I was about as down as you can get and getting the hrt right seemed like it was gonna take forever! I made the mistake of fiddling with my doses too often (started on estrogel and could never get it right) but after 3 months felt better and after six months much much better... You also learn your own body so I know what it feels like when my estrogen is too high, progesterone too high or low etc although I generally now just ride out any bad spells knowing what they are and that they're only gonna last a few days.

If I got better anyone can!

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »

Hi Everybody!! Just wondering how you are all doing? I'm suffering hormone anxiety and low mood in this perimenopause. Been suffering about 2-3 years. I didn't realise what it was during the 1st year but now I'm convinced it's peri. Any info on how you are doing now would be greatly appreciated. I know this is an old thread but I'd love some info on what has helped. Thank you. :)

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »

Hi Desperatedee

What are your periods doing re length, cycle length etc - have you started skipping them yet and has your cycle got longer, bleeds lighter/heavier etc? This would give an indication of where you are in menopause. Maybe you also have other symptoms like flushes and sweats?

If you are still having very regular periods and maybe your cycle has got shorter then you are in the late reproductive stage ( according to the STRAW criteria) - which is the last stage before the peri-menopausal transition. At this point some women seem to experiencing worsening pms symptoms - due to the increased hormonal fluctuations.

Some women start HRT at this point but this can have a variable response because of the strength of your own cycle. If the cyclical low mood becomes worse then sometimes the CCP can be prescribed to suppress the cycle - if you are under 50? There are two types which have similar oestrogen to HRT and gentler than the strong synthetic types that younger women take.

Other strategies to help with anxiety can be found on the site nomorepanic so if you can cope for now then perhaps try out some of these ideas - if it is too soon for HRT.

There is an article on peri-menopause here which you might find interesting:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hop ethis helps :)

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]