Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Thank You, Dr. Currie.  (Read 2478 times)

Tempest

Thank You, Dr. Currie.
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »

I wanted to start this thread as I want to personally thank Dr. Currie and tell her how much this site and the magazine has helped me. I'm sure you'll all want to add your own words of thanks too (I hope this is OK, Emma - and thank you too for being our very busy admin. and moderator. I'm not sure if I've started this thread in the right place though, so please excuse me)!

I joined just over a year ago, and I can honestly say that if this forum wasn't available, I probably wouldn't be here today and I'm not being over dramatic! It is a lifeline and a godsend, and I have received so much kindness, support and advice from the wonderful members here - and made true friends too.

In my opinion, Dr. Currie deserves to be nominated for an honour to officially recognise the amazing work she has done and is continuing to do to highlight women's issues during this very difficult time for many of us.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dr. Currie.

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Thank You, Dr. Currie.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »

You on the wine again Tempest? Only joking!

I agree wholeheartedly- the site and support I've received has been wonderful and has helped me realise that I'm not alone, I'm not a nutter and that many women share similar issues that are normally swept under the carpet - but we share them openly and honestly in the hope that we can help one another. Girl power! Less Atomic Kitten and more Atomic Mutton  :P x

Tempest

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »

Ha ha! No - just feeling the love, Michele! Seriously - I'd have gone completely (!) bonkers if it wasn't for this forum. Hubby said today that HE would have gone completely bonkers too, as it gives me an outlet rather than just him!  ;)

I do think Dr. Currie deserves official recognition. I'm ashamed to say that it's only recently that I've discovered  the magazine, and it's a brilliant publication! Really well put together and I'm so glad that I've subscribed.

Considering Dr. Currie runs her own NHS clinic, oversees the magazine and this website and raises awareness in the media, I think she has done more to actually reach out to help women directly than anyone who has come before her. Goodness knows how she has such incredible energy! 

Anyway, back to the gin and Toblerone...... ;) xxxxx

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 06:30:04 AM »

Totally agree Tempest 😊 but I'm not so good with heart on sleeve stuff , so I will tag along with your words . 🤗 X

For VA sufferers it's a god send , as it's such a lonely condition. ☹️

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 08:25:28 AM »

Hello Tempest.

Excellent post and I agree with everything you say!

I wonder if we can nominate Dr Currie and Emma for any awards in recognition of their work and to show our appreciation?  A couple of OBEs might be nice.

Wishing everyone well.

K.

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »

A couple of OBEs might be nice.

These might do for starters  :)
 :medal:   :medal:

I agree that the website and forum has been very helpful and supportive to me. I would also like to add thanks to the members who have also been helpful and supportive to me personally, both on and off the forum;  they know who they are  :hug:

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »

Here here!! I would go so far as to say it has surely saved lives. I am totally at ease with heart on sleeve stuff ;)  I mentioned in a recent post that I had personal experience through my daughters friend of a lady taking her own life. Don't know all of her personal details but same age as me and many of the same symptoms- I am so very very grateful

DaisyB xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 06:14:07 AM »

Just knowing the forum is here and that I am not alone and can reach out for help if I need to is a tonic in itself. I add my thanks! :thankyou:

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 06:30:15 AM »

Im eternally grateful too !
Thank you x

ancient runner

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31:34 AM »

Agree. Hopeless trying to find VA info anywhere else. I would probably be under a bus by now otherwise.