Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Really sore boobettes!! Any advice please?  (Read 2858 times)

Optimist

Really sore boobettes!! Any advice please?
« on: May 27, 2017, 10:55:23 AM »

Hi all, hope you're keeping well.
Problem: I've had really really painful breasts for approx 3 weeks now and it's getting ridiculous, I had to push my partner away last night when he gave me a goodnight hug!!
I've been on Everol sequi for approx 6 months now, had a bit of a blip in Feb/march after trialling vagifem but have been feeling super happy since, no joint pain, no flushes day of night, sleeping better but the boobs omg where has this come from?? 😩😩😩
Last 2 weeks on prog/oestrogen thought it might ease once on oestrogen only (switched on Friday morn) but it's not eased at all. I haven't had sore boobs since starting hrt apart from when I took the vagifem (short lived).
I'm also having a bleed, something I wasn't having previously. Have I all of a sudden started absorbing the hrt more? Possibly? Should I try cutting the oestrogen patch in half if it continues? My joints are aching again since switching to oestrogen patch and I felt like an old lady trying to get up of the ground when my lazy butt was sunbathing yesterday. 😎🌞 Too much oestrogen alongside a natural oestrogen surge maybe?
Any advice gratefully received 💐 (I take starflower which I always felt helped before this episode).
Have a lovely bank holiday rest everyone xx

cubagirl

Re: Really sore boobettes!! Any advice please?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 12:39:29 PM »

I was going to suggest Starflower, they worked for me. Have they got around a min of 250GLA? That's strength you require according to my GP.

Optimist

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:26:31 AM »

Hi Cubagirl, I've just looked and they're slightly lower dose than I had previously (1000mg) which only contains 200mg of gla. That's all they had in Holland & Barrett this time round will seek some higher dose ones. Thanks x

wombat62

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »

Hi Optimist

I've had boob problems since changing HRT from combined patch to oestrogen/prog separate due to patch supply issues. Just as I think they are settling I get another uncomfy day. At first I thought it was extra oestrogen but reading on the forum it sounds like it's the tablet prog causing the problems. Off to docs tomorrow to see if I can get a prescription for the patches and just hope I can get hold of some!

Maybe you've had a surge or depletion of one hormone which has knocked the balance out? One maybe dominating....it's all very confusing!

Hope they settle down soon as it's not nice!

Optimist

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:06:39 AM »

Hi wombat, no not nice.
Was wondering if I've had a surge of natural hormones, either that or my absorption has got better maybe.
Just about to change back to prog/oestrogen patch today so will update if better/worse. They've been a little less painful on the oestrogen only.
I can just about manage and certainly don't want to rock the boat as all else is the best it's been for a while so I'm happy to put up with sore boobs if that's the downside.
Thanks for reply x

Bane

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »

Hey Optimist, I do have the problems with the patch and sore boobs. It might be the extra estrogen acting me. Hope things will change for us..

Salad

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 11:14:42 PM »

I seem to have joined the sore boobette club!

The only time I've had this before was with too much oestrogen when I grew a cup size or two.  :o
 This time, however, no change in size just really tender plus other low symptoms, including Tendonitis-
So confusing getting this HRT right, I will definitely look at getting Starflower though.

Optimist

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »

Hi Bane & Salad, I've had to a buy bigger bra too!! I'm not complaining though. Have ordered the 1300mg starflower that has the maximum GLA hoping that will help. They're still sore, but more bearable though.
Keep me posted about the starflower...hope it works 😊