Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 6th week flushes worse  (Read 1633 times)

donnacrichton

6th week flushes worse
« on: June 11, 2017, 09:27:33 AM »

Hi I am on the 7th week now of upping estradot dose to 137.50mcg and flushes are the worst I've ever had. I've spoke to my consultant and he says i can up it to 150mcg but was wondering if anyone found it took longer than this for flushes to settle. I am reluctant because some of my other symptoms feel a bit better. I've had no tears for a few weeks temper seems to have improved.  I didn't have this many flushes on a lower dose I don't know what to do?

Cassie

Re: 6th week flushes worse
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 09:58:20 AM »

Sometimes the patches are not strong enough, perhaps you could consider asking for the gel as one can play around with the dose according to your symptoms which is what I like about it.

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »

I've been on the gel a few years ago but was not consistent so was put back on patches been upping dose really slowly over the last 6 months. This is the highest I've been on and flushes have been the worst the last few weeks. The patch was wearing off on 3rd day and then a big hit on putting the patch back on. Now on replacing it every 3 days not 3 1/2. Trying not to jump up to next one incase it is just a settling period.

Tempest

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 01:03:58 PM »

Donna, are you under the same Consultant who had you on high doses of estrogel? I have a 'theory' that what's happening is you are constantly fluctuating on patch change and this is what is causing the flushes to become worse.

It's known that fluctuating hormones is what causes hot flushes mostly - and why for quite a large group of women they ease off over time post menopausally when levels are low and reasonably constant.

Is there the option of implants for you? I believe this may be the only way you'll get consistency for any period of time. xxxxx

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »

Still under same consultant but he has shut my system down so any fluctuations would be from the patch. Could feel it with every 3 1/2 days have downed it to every 3 now but only second week. Really don't want to keep increasing if it could be settling. Stuck between a rock & a hard place 😠

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

I can't remember if you've had blood tests just to see how much you are actually absorbing given that you are n chemical menopause? I seem to remember you have? Perhaps it would be an idea to have additional tests in your position and I imagine your consultant would be amenable to this?

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 10:26:23 PM »

On 7th week now starting to feel the odd hour feeling normal. Don't know if it is just taking a while for my levels to rise as they were so low. Flushes have definitely been worse increasing doses than having no estrogen must be the fluctuations. My brain is puzzled with the full thing!