Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling awful  (Read 5019 times)

Mazza27

Feeling awful
« on: June 04, 2017, 12:49:21 PM »

Hi everyone,
I have written quite a few posts on here but feeling awful again today, there just seems to be no let up!

I have tingling and pains in my legs buzzing in head migraine and feel so nauseous with periods of lightheadedness
My period is due about now and have the a few pains mostly right side as always
I have no energy and feel so tired with phlegm in my throat.....that's a new one but convinced it's linked.

I want biodentical hrt?
Do you think it will help me?

I don't want to go in to work or do anything it's affecting my family life

Thanks
Mazza

Megamind

Re: Feeling awful
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 12:56:40 PM »

Have just been replying to this thread. Daisy also having a bad time of it and experiencing similar.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36119.msg578883.html#new

I have started experiencing headaches (I now think they're migraines) in peri and it's always before a period. i also feel nauseous and find an anti histamine tablet helps with that. I often feel light headed. it's a good idea to keep a track of your symptoms as I did and found that they were all worse around the time my period was due.

I get a lot of phlegm but I put it down to allergies. I'm sure i'm allergic to dust. I often wake on a morning and cough up a lot of white plegmn or have to blow my nose quite a few times.

I can't comment about HRT but I'm sure more knowledgeable ladies can help you.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »

Hi Mazza27

I think I may have commented about HRT on one of your other threads if you look back through your posts - depends where you are in menopause and how many periods you have skipped. I see you've had lots of advice already.

Pms does tend to worsen in the months and sometimes years leading up to peri-menopause - that's when I started getting migraines for the first time - but I didn't know that's what they were, and also problems with blood sugar and the light-headed feeling along with the tremors. During the second part of your cycle do try to even out spikes in blood sugar by cutting down or even out completely on sugar containing food and drinks and eat slow release foods, fewer processed carbs and more lean protein. This will also help generally - not just in the second part of your cycle. Make sure you eat regularly but not sugary snacks - nuts, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, natural yogurt etc would be better.

Hurdity x

Mazza27

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:14:47 PM »

Thanks hurdity
I am on a real anxiety rollercoaster at the moment and keep thinking something else is wrong.

I have stopped caffeine at Christmas cut down drinking alcohol and I do try and eat a healthy diet, I go to gym three times a week but had to skip other week due to the headaches.
I read the book heal your headaches and I have stopped taking painkillers. I have taken odd metfamic tablet for the period pains

Does anyone have any ideas on natural vitamins that may help??

I was on a multivitamin up until few months ago but decided to stop as people said not worth money.
To tell the truth I had more energy so may go back to taking them

Mazza x

DaisyB

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:46:28 PM »

Hi Mazza

Like you I am in a bad place at the moment. I started couple of threads yesterday - felt like I wanted to be in hospital I was feeling so out of control. I had a 'funny weak sensation' in my left arm and leg intermittently since January. Over weekend it developed into pins and needles that are constant. Now moving across to right hand side  :'(  forefinger went numb and thumb jerking all night. Feeling that reflexes are slower on this side also.   Barely slept last night and anxiety off the scale thinking it's something very serious. I am 2 months into mirena coil and estrogel - I have felt dreadful both times after drinking glass wine on both weekends past. But I am also seeing a chiropractor and I am on a range of supplements. Wrecking my brain to think what may have triggered :-\  megamind and sparkle and a few other knowledgeable women have left me some good information. I am with you today and hope things start to improve. Info so far is clearly pointing to low estrogen- but my anxiety won't accept that  :(

Thinking of you
DaisyB x

Mazza27

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 07:08:28 PM »

Thanks daisyb

This forum does help you get in to your head that the symptons are peri but the anxiety sometimes takes over and I have had ms and brain tumour! My husband says I am going to wish something bad...

I have just come back from holiday and had a horrid time had about two days free with mild symptoms.
I have had a bit of a stressful month so I think this may have contributed to the anxiety

How old are you?
When did all this start for you?

I have a two best friends who are also suffering one going for hysterectomy but my gyne advised not a good option

I would just love a doctor to say oh it's this hormone or that hormone.
Lap in 3 weeks check for endo

Take care and keep me posted how you are getting on
Mazza xx

DaisyB

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 07:26:15 PM »

Mazza I'm 50 - but have been going through this for 3 years - just didn't know it. Like you I have self diagnosed pituitary tumour , spinal rumour , Parkinson's and MS this weekend! I went to France last summer in middle of bad patch - didn't know it was hormonal and cried to get home it was so bad. I carry tremendous guilt that I am a burden to my family - even though I'm the goto person when they all need help. Ive just had a really scary two weeks with my dad and also think that has contributed.

I am thinking of you and hope we can all help each other through this horrible passage :(

DaisyB xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 10:20:23 PM »

Daisy - have you talked to your family and explained?  They aren't mind readers  ;)

DaisyB

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 05:53:00 AM »

CKLD- had 'the talk' at the weekend - finally admitted anxiety was driving me over the edge. Have to be sensitive though as my wee dad is still in recovery after a stay in the high dependency unit  :( getting there :-\

DaisyB

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »

Mazza27 - what are your periods doing? Are they regular or is the cycle variable - eg has your cycle lengthened or shortened or what? This would tell you a bit more about where you are in menopause and some of your symptoms - whether they are due to menopause or not?

Hurdity x

Mazza27

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 03:33:45 PM »

Hi hurdity,

I started with intermittent bleeds about 6- 7 months ago and then put on pop and the bleeds were still every two weeks.
I bled mid month i think in may then came off pop and bled straight away which was about two weeks ago

I should be due beginning of month but nothing yet but defo the symptons of one, I was late last month!

Mazza x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »

Some ladies find that delegating house-hold/gardening chores can ease issues.  If you don't ask, they won't offer ;-).  Men aren't mind readers but can lead the rest of the family once they are aware of any weariness etc..

Katia

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »

I just started this combo and have developed phlegm. It came the very first day along with feeling spacey and drunk and tingling.

Nothing like this on femodene. I've also developed a rash and burning face similar to qlaia. Femodene doesn't cause these problems. I thought they were pull related and I wouldn't have them with hrt. Not sure if it's dose or type related. I'm wanting to go back to femodene but I know I can't stay on the pill

DaisyB

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 06:07:51 AM »

Hi Mazza how are you today? Still feeling the same or has anything changed for you? I came out of a horrible set back yesterday. Still pins and needles mildly in hand - felt nauseous this morning and anxiety started to roll over me but I have started a plan - and even though I could see it far enough I'm sticking to it this week. Yesterday was a day in which I had a 'window' where I felt like myself again. When that happens now I use it wisely. I am thinking of you and keep posting. I am only getting through because of the girls on this forum - and that is the honest truth.

DaisyB xx

Mazza27

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2017, 08:05:03 AM »

Hi daisyb,

Bad day yesterday very bad pains and got emergency appointment with my gyne last night.
Had to phone in work again as can't face it.
Gyne doing a scan Friday to double check kidneys/gall bladder and ovaries but he is unsure until lap what is causing the pain and awful feelings.
He doesn't think anything bad so that's a bit of relief!
Can't get me in earlier for lap so just have to wait back to see him next Monday with results of scan.
He said the camera may not show anything?!

I have been trying to think of when I felt good and realising on the coil I was not really bad, the gyne mentioned 2009 I had kidney stones(another stint in hospital) but I said no they didn't find nothing! I have a feeling that was coming to end of my coils life
Then in 2015 I was admitted to hospital with severe pains again and they removed the coil as it was about 6-12 months over( I have a real fear of smears and any type of vaginal exam as so sore reason why it was still in!)

I found on the pop that my mood was more relaxed

Could progesterone be my problem?? Blood tests showing noting

I feel a bit better today not bad pain but they do come in waves but don't feel nauseous just a buzzing mild migraine

I am going to get out walk dog and try get on with things probs go back to work tomos

Hope you are well and feeling happier
This fabulous forties is not all is cracked up to be 😂

Mazza x
Pages: [1] 2