Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: VA symptoms, but how to tell when it's a UTI?  (Read 1663 times)

hoping4best

VA symptoms, but how to tell when it's a UTI?
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »

I spent all of January off all HRT for a blood work experiment, then February and March trying estrogel, which I didn't really absorb. I'm now headed into 3 months back on the patch and nightly local vagifem or estrace, but I'm having burning urethra (not while peeing, but just in general) and feel I need to go more frequently, and it's been about 2 weeks like this and is not really improving.

I haven't had an actual UTI in years. For those who get VA and UTIs, how can you tell when it's a UTI vs just bad VA flare-up?

(My doctors are all far away as I'm rural, but I will likely go in at some point soon. I hate going in and having them tell me I don't have a UTI and can't help me. 🙁 )

Maryjane

Re: VA symptoms, but how to tell when it's a UTI?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:40:11 PM »

I have/ had bad VA , the whole area really including bladder etc ....it's hard to tell the difference TBH and so many ladies have underlying infections that just sit there due to low oestrogen.

Coming off probably let the UTI take hold , I personally just sit it out .

I am also having treatment called The Mona Lisa Touch which is for VA/ bladder and so far things are staring too look hopeful after treatment number 3 , will probably need two more as my VA is ☹️

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:53:43 PM »

I've had quite a lot of UTIs from menopause and on hrt and I just kind of knew.  My usual pattern is I cannot pee, I'm bursting to go and it literally trickles out then stops.  I've never had one since vagifem but I'm having probs these past 2 weeks, I keep needing to pee even after I've supposedly emptied.  The weirdest thing of all though is I have a known cystocele and rectocyle and dr said 2 weeks ago after an internal that I should get it seen to but I don't want to until it really causes problems , but it's never been right since her examination. 

I'd see your gp to be on the safe side

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »

Get the initial urine sample sent to a LAB. for testing and then when it comes back without growth ask your GP for treatment.  VA is for Life.  It requires regular application of specific medication from your GP.  I know it's VA by the feeling of a full bladder which feels irritated.