Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thyroid- I need your help  (Read 7452 times)

DaisyB

Re: Thyroid- I need your help
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 05:58:28 AM »

You to sparkle  :)  I'm starting back to yoga this week - have been off since I stopped work - my sis advised me to make a plan of action yesterday to start being active again. So that's my goal for today  :)  as well as typing dad's list of medications into an easy to understand format :-\

Take it easy

DaisyB Xx

DaisyB

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »

Hi megamind thank you for this. Weekend was horrendous. Have taken action today as I am in a much better place. Exhausted and no appetite to speak of but anxiety greatly reduced as symptoms eased. Firstly I cancelled chiropractor as I didn't want to aggravate any problems. He suggested skipping sessions this week anyway and placing ice packs on neck as it sounded more like nerve irritation.
I contacted my manager and came clean in a rambling text about how bad things have been (inc my mental health). I then rang for appt tomorrow with private GP - I want b12 checked and referral to local menopause clinic as waiting 6 mths to see private gynae for check up is no use to me!
I booked a gentle massage :)  for midweek and I stayed in bed most of yesterday. I am asking for meds for anxiety as I now realise that it blows everything out of proportion and I lose all ability to rationalise.
I also want to ask her why the HRT hasn't resolved the anxiety and pains and the feeling of lack of coordination- which frightens the hell out of me.
I am not returning to work until I feel able - and am openly talking about anxiety and other uncommon symptoms with my mum and dad - which has it's funny side - my dad is now keeping newspaper clippings of anything menopause related!!
I am also experimenting with CBD oil(legal) as of today - read quite a bit around it relieving anxiety and also influencing estrogen receptors  positively. I will start a separate thread to keep others posted on progress (if any). Thank you sincerely - I got through this weekend with the help of you guys reassuring me

DaisyB xx

DaisyB

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 06:33:52 AM »

Will do sparkle- off to GP this morning. New symptom popped up started feeling very nauseous first thing in morn last couple days. Ate a banana and seems to have helped ;)  anxiety rolled over me as soon as I opened my eyes, and I told it to keep on rolling!! I could see it far enough but sticking to my plan this week

DaisyB xx

DaisyB

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »

Hi girls - sickness leaves immediately if I eat a banana - weird but good. GP has given me Valium for emergency- said to take and do breathing for 20 mins until it works. Also said that symptoms I described wouldn't just appear with severe anxiety if it was something other than hormone related. Referral to menopause counsellor, as well as menopause clinic. B12 to be tested this week and a sick line for 4 weeks to be reviewed end of month. Said I was complex case and she admired the way I was fighting back. I refused anti anxiety but agreed short term if this plan doesn't work. Also didn't oppose CBD oil!

Will keep you posted

DaisyB Xx

DaisyB

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 11:43:05 PM »

Yes girls happy with her response - she was concerned and discussed fully the complexity - admitted she's learning from me and that she is happy to let me tackle my way for next month but stressed there is no shame in taking meds. She also explained that anti anxiety meds can be really effective in short term use. Told me the latest drugs do not leave you feeling emotionless and can be weaned off after 6 months - by then i should hopefully have found the right recipe on hrt. All in all a good appt.

I noticed I was shaky all day with poor appetite. However this evening appetite returned, i ate well (even though IBS is going crazy) and whole body now feels calmer.

So either there is something in the CBD oil working already OR there is a correlation between estrogen being lower in evening as gel starts to wear off. This part I am no expert on so I will keep a record of symptoms see if I can recognise a pattern.

Will keep you posted

DaisyB x
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:54:10 AM by DaisyB »

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 08:46:03 AM »

Glad to hear you've been referred to a menopause clinic. Of course there is no shame in taking meds if the are necessary but you say you refused the ADs but have been given Valium anyway - I thought this was one such drug  :-\? I only ask as I expect you know that this can be come addictive when used too often, judging by the experiences of some women on here (I won't reveal their identities). There is a whole forum dedicated to benzos!

Anyway I do hope you continue to feel better and do keep us updated....

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

Yes Hurdity - should have explained  ???  I refused long term daily AD's - accepted a dozen 5mg diazepam for emergencies over next month and agreed to reconsider if my approach doesn't work. Discussed my concerns about addiction - GP advised if I needed to use more than 3 times in 7 days I need to return to her. I hate long term meds of any kind. My parents are in concoctions of some that are life saving and some that they won't come off now for fear of something going wrong. My motto is avoid unless absolutely necessary. That said I have accepted the anxiety needs to be controlled. Hence the trialling of CBD oil in the first instance. I also tried rhodiola which was really good but more for everyday medium level anxiety. I need to control the panic etc so I'll keep everyone posted. Have started a separate thread about it xx

DaisyB x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »

Hi - you probably did explain but I can't remember all the threads as v busy and away a lot, also too much gardening! Thanks for explaining again anyway! I presume you've had a look at "nomorepanic" website too? I'm with you on the meds - I only ever take Ibuprofen, Aspirin or Paracetamol and very occasionally antibiotics - HRT doesn't count as meds! I have several times been prescribed and given stuff that I then haven't taken eg stomach meds over the years! However I am lucky because my health is good at the moment. Do hope you manage to control the panic and feel better...

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 11:02:43 PM »

Hi hurdity- prob have checked nomorepanic - but have been trying so many things in last few months I can't remember to be honest. I'll go have a look now as pins and needles again in foot and arm and anxiety loitering in background. Will be interesting to see if it explodes into panic - as it did at weekend.....
Pages: 1 [2]