Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: workplace policies  (Read 2044 times)

atalanta

workplace policies
« on: June 01, 2017, 08:08:34 AM »

Does anyone know of any employers who have specific policies in place to assist women dealing with the menopause?  My employer is starting to think about this and it would be good to know what's out there (if anything). I was told M&S have one - anyone know? 

nearly50

Re: workplace policies
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:45 AM »

https://www.unison.org.uk/content/uploads/2013/06/On-line-Catalogue204723.pdf

Unison policy which I quoted to my line manager to get my heating turned down :)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 08:52:21 AM »

I think the Unison one should be a pinned post maybe? It would be helpful for so many women struggling to cope with their jobs and it needs to be easy to find?

Taz x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »

Sorry don't know but I suspect the public sector are probably more behind it than the private sector although I'd imagine that an employer who has a high % of mature female members should be more clued up than others.
Sad fact is that most employers don't have a clue and you only need to read some of the heartbreaking stories on here to know that it's all swept under the carpet. It makes me so so cross :bang:

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »

And I say that working for a FTSE 100 company...

atalanta

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 03:35:25 PM »

Thanks. Replies so far suggest there maybe isn't much out there. I work for a public sector employer that is looking to put something in place. I thought there might be some private sector examples to benchmark against...

MicheleMaBelle