Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Menopause matters magazine , I'm in it VA.  (Read 8220 times)

Maryjane

Menopause matters magazine , I'm in it VA.
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

Just saying I will be in the MM magazine put out on the 5/6/17 all about VA , Dr Currie said it's a " powerful read" , so of some ladies some could buy one/two copies and give to there GP/ practice nurse would be great.

I decided to go public ( pictures of me and my dogs ) because unless we start publicy talking about the real LAST taboo of menopause then nothing will change , to me it's not an embarrassing part of the body , it's bought three fantastic daughters into the world , when it's almost praised because of that job it did , but now it's getting older is seen as a hush hush , don't talk about it yuck , well no .....marriages break down because of VA ( not mine ) , my daughter wants to do a podcast called " my mums vagina " .

So I'm going to buy atleast 10 copies and my GPs are all going to get one

It's just another part of rye body that has " broken" due to menopause/ ageing ......all these celebrities comeonf out about menopause great , but VA which I bet some have is just not discussed.

Had my third Mona Lisa on Wednesday, and visually it looks pretty darn good , won't no the full extent of we're I am at until about 6 weeks .
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:02:16 AM by Maryjane »

Annie0710

Re: Menopause matters magazine , I'm in it VA.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 08:17:58 AM »

I really do admire the way you've dealt with VA Maryjane, ladies like you really do deserve the best outcome ever.  The thread you've been so heavily involved with has got my VA (hopefully) under control so I have a lot to thank you for xxx

Elizabethrose

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »

You are an absolute star Maryjane and should be congratulated. Well done you!   :thankyou:                       

Unless women feel able to speak out, VA, like so many other conditions, will remain hidden in the closets. It needs someone with confidence and courage to become the voice of many, hopefully then it will encourage others to speak out too and demand better care from the uninformed GPs out there who need to better educate themselves.

I'm delighted that the MLT seems to be working for you and will hopefully bring you the relief you need and deserve. I have a couple of pals who are waiting on your results.

I shall buy some copies and distribute them freely.

Thank you, thank you!! xx      :clapping:

Claireylou

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:32:33 AM »

Maryjane, what a completely selfless thing to do. I really admire your grit and determination. I shall buy some copies and take to my gp's and my consultant at private hospital when I go for my post op check.

Thank you Maryjane xxx  :thankyou:

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 10:03:09 AM »

I too will buy a few copies.

What a very brave woman you are
 :medal: :foryou:

Mrs Brown

babyjane

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 10:10:13 AM »

where do you buy it from please?

Eviepf

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »

I will definitely buy the mag too. You're so right about it being a taboo subject - everyone thinks 'hot flushes' when they think of menopause (which I know can be horrendous and very debilitating to some people) but VA seems to be hardly discussed.

Glad the MLT is going well.

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »

Very well done, Maryjane - thank you for speaking out.

All we need now is for the GPs to read it  ::) (not just the menopausal ladies).

I award you the CDM (remember those?) :medal:

I hope the MLT gives you the life you so deserve. xx :foryou:

Jenna

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 10:24:18 AM »

where do you buy it from please?

I just googled that babyjane and someone said WH Smith. I don't think I have ever seen it in there myself though.

There is, of course, the subscription through the website.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:58:43 AM by Jenna »

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:43 AM »

I have emailed Dr Curries PA , asking which shops stock .

BTW .....I am NOT brave , that award is for those fighting cancer / going to war etc etc etc .

50% of the population have vaginas , all those if they make it will go through menopause , 70% of the population were born from one , it really is just another part of the body  no shame , embarrassment....for any idiots that come my way well they will get a flea in there ear.

We mustn't allow the next generation our daughters to feel shame / embarrassment when there time comes , it's not acceptable to shut up and put up anymore , that's the one good thing about social media etc.

Daisycat

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 05:42:03 PM »

100% I will be getting the magazine and giving it to my GPs practise and to the practise nurse who attempted to give me a smear the other day Maryjane!!

Actually you are brave in my opinion.  My youngest who got leukaemia at 16 and all the kids on the teenage cancer trust ward, quite rightly, said they weren't brave because they had no choice, but to fight cancer or die.

We won't die of VA, but it certainly makes our lives pretty dreadful.  You could carry on and keep it quiet like previous generations did, but you have chosen to 'out' your bits.

Every woman who is strong enough to stand up and be counted is a bit of a hero in my book

Thank you   

xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »

I wasn't aware that MM Magazine is 'out there' - so never looked on the shelves  ::) - maybe GP Surgeries could buy a subscription!  ........ and does Dr Currie have a 'PA'  :-\
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:17:36 PM by CLKD »

dazned

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »

Well done you !

I now subscribe to the magazine,you can do it through the buttons at the top  ::)
I read them hand to my gp,she is doing a project on meno.

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 10:14:34 AM »

My doctor was the same, treating all the individual symptoms.  Then one weekend I went to the out of hours GP clinic with what I thought was a UTI.  My urine was clear and the PCP taking the consultation explained all about menopausal dryness affecting the urethra as well as the vagina which can give the feeling of needing a wee.  She started me on Vagifem and I have never looked back in 6 years.

I often think the GPs know 'too much' and the PCPs and nurses are more down to earth in their knowledge and experiences.

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 03:54:58 PM »

That's fantastic news Maryjane - you are brilliant :). Hope your latest treatment is successful.

I will ask at my surgery about having the magazine.

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2 3