Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Helping out with pets - i.e. moved from flats with dangerous cladding  (Read 5061 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

I understand that the RSPCA have offered to help but it's not obvious what that help will consist of  :-\. as many people aren't leaving their flats because they have pets and it's hard to get accommodation quickly, particularly if they own pets, imagine having to move a tank full of tropical fish for example  ::).  Hopefully someone will co-ordinate such issues ........ then pet-shops and other owners can get involved whether it be dogs/cats/stick insects - wish I lived nearer  :sigh:

Hurdity

Not about pets - but wasn't there a thread about the dreadful Grenfell tower fire - has it gone somewhere or am I imagining it? I was away from the forum for 10 days for one reason or another and I am sure there was a thread about it? I've only just noticed - or am I being unobservant?

Hurdity  x

Mbrown001

For a lot of older single people it can be about pets.

I saw an older lady being interviewed about being moved from a flat that was deemed unsafe due to the cladding fire risk.

She asked the question.....what should I do about my dog....have him put to sleep.

Don't underestimate the value of a pet as a companion.

I too wish I were nearer CLKD. Then I could help by temporarily re homing a pet until people got living accommodation sorted out.

Mrs Brown

babyjane

wasn't there a thread about the dreadful Grenfell tower fire - has it gone somewhere or am I imagining it? I was away from the forum for 10 days for one reason or another and I am sure there was a thread about it? I've only just noticed - or am I being unobservant?

Hurdity  x

Here it is https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36219.0.html

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Unobservant Hurdity- the thread didn't move anywhere

I haven't seen anymore on the News about moving with pets nor about how the RSPCA will 'help' out - I wouldn't trust them to help with much anyway .........

CaroleM

I too wish we were able to offer help to those expected to move out, but they have animals. We have had 3 tower blocks failing even the basic fire precautions due to cladding of the same material.  They were only finished a few years ago.  They were built on land which had long been downtrodden and an area known for high vandalism; crime and depredation.  Everyone was moved out to other former council accommodation, the buildings levelled and new blocks built in their place.  They look ok from the outside and I've not been inside, but the thought that they are lethal fire traps leave me feeling physically sick.  You probably heard about them on the News.