Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT  (Read 1241 times)

Kymmie

HRT
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:13:28 PM »

Hi. I've been in ellestte duet 1 mg for 8 months and had a bleed every 28 days since starting. However today I started a bleed 6 days early is this normal I ve got myself into a panic and anxiety through the roof
Thanks everyone

Hurdity

Re: HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »

If you're peri-menopausal then your cycle will vary from month to month so I expect it is your own hormones kicking in. It is normal anyway to bleed either towards the end of the progestogen (combi) phase or just after changing to a new pack and a few days into the oestrogen only tablets. However if you are worried do have a quick phone call to your doctor!

Hurdity x

Kymmie

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »

Thanks for replying. Yes perimenopausal. I usually bleed 2nd day into new pack so thus threw me a little thanks so much x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:54:26 PM »

HI kymmie- look at medication leaflet. I think there's quite a big window. I'm no longer on it but same thing happened to me and I panicked until I read the leaflet. Then I remembered that I hadn't taken it for 2 days as I was away on business and forgot to take tabs with me. I believe that taking it at different times can also change cycle frequency. I don't think you've got anything to worry about but speak to your doc if you are concerned x