Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Prempak c  (Read 2724 times)

Ellymai

Prempak c
« on: May 04, 2017, 11:36:37 AM »

Hello ladies
I am new to this site, and I am looking for some advice, I  have been on prempak c low dose for 2 years and have been fine until it was discontinued and put on femoston but my anxiety levels are back up again and I feel shocking, I have been given premique but have lost my faith in doctors at min, is anyone else having problems without prempak c
 :(

dazned

Re: Prempak c
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

:welcomemm:

Haven't got any great pearls of wisdom for you I'm afraid just wanted to say glad to have you with us.
A few ladies are in the same predicament as you so hopefully they will drop by and help you.
It's so unfortunate that this happening because it obviously helped so many,many people  :-\
Must be economic reasons and probably due to more women only wanting bioidentical hrt it has become unviable perhaps,shame though.

MammaG

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »

Me neither as my doctor( female) is no help. I had some awful, terrifying anxiety..Someone will be along. Thanks to God for this forum...Hang in there

Margaret M

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 06:16:02 PM »

Hi. I've been on Prempak C low dose for many years since being identified as perimenopausal. Before being prescribed Prempak c I suffered small joint arthritis and panic attacks both of which improved greatly this med. On requesting a new script I was advised it was discontinued and given an appointment to see one of the female dr a week later. I am horrified to read that has been forthcoming for more than a year and no planning has happened. The senior partner at my doctor's practice disapproves of Hrt and I am worried this will be an excuse to refuse me an alternative. I am pleased to have found this forum and look forward to learning more about what hurt preparations are out there and how everyone else is finding things working out.

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 07:24:55 PM »

Hi just because of the doctors beliefs he can't not give you HRT, and for the original lady that posted I can't believe you were given premique as this to has been discountined.
I can't believe some doctors xx

Margaret M

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 11:49:23 AM »

Back to the Doctor today, a new female at the practice. She asked if I still had a uterus - yes - and she prescribed Premique Low Dose which I see from here is to be discontinued also. The leaflet also advises that this us a no bleed HRT. Is this right considering my uterus an ovaries are still intact? The Dr has given me three months to try and suggested a no bleed patch if Premique doesn't suit. She was surprised to learn that Prempak C was no longer available. Sigh.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 04:15:13 PM »

Hi Margaret M

:welcomemm:

Yes Premique is a no-bleed HRT. If you have a uterus then you need to have a progestogen as well as oestrogen to protect the womb. Women who are post menopausal ( ie without a bleed for 12 months before starting hRT) are usually given a no-bleed HRT. Those who are  peri are given a cyclical one as you were on ( ie Prempak). If you have been on HRT longer than 12 months or after the age of 54 docs sometimes try to change you to a no-bleed HRT to see if bleeds are suppressed. If they are not after 3 months or so then usually women are put back on the cyclical type.

All the different HRT types are found above - under treatments/HRT preparations (pale green banner). Have a look at what's available and ask any questions you need to and see if other women can help you with their experiences.

You haven't said how old you are nor where in menopause you were when you started HRT and how long you've been on it, nor the dose.

Some women have changed from this one ( Prempak or Premique) to Premarin ( the same oestrogen) with Provera (same progestogen as Premique) ie separate oestrogen and progestogen. Otherwise Femoston tablet HRT is one of the better tolerated types but only comes in a 1 mg oestrogen dose for post-meno ( 2 mg is available for peri-menopause).

Hope this helps :)

Hurdity x

Margaret M

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 07:20:43 AM »

Just written a long message which has disappeared.
Thanks you for your support.
Short version.....
Been on Prempak C since diagnosed as peri menopausal at 47.
Now 66...in for the long haul....the plan is to be on hrt till the day after I die.
Always felt well on Prempak C. I'm a carer for my daughter, 36, who has complicated medical problems, learning disability and a somewhat difficult individual at times.
Day three of Premique LD and ok so far. Dr mentioned the possibility of spotting or breakthrough bleeding.

Margaret