Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Replens  (Read 4055 times)

Spangles

Replens
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:45:11 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Due to extreme dryness which is making me very sore and itchy, I have started to use Replens. I got the pre loaded applicator ones as I didn't fancy using the same applicator over and over again. I have had some relief from it but it's fairly expensive to do it this way. Does anyone know if it is available on prescription?
Thanks
Shellb
XXx

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Replens
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 05:53:23 PM »

Hi- think it might be. I've been given topical oestrogen and SYlk on prescription. x

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:20:42 PM »

It used to be on prescription in the late 90s/early 2000 when I was given it x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 08:15:08 PM »

Are you also using vaginal oestrogen at least twice a week to help with this Shellb?

Hurdity x

margaret

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 08:37:10 PM »

Yes I get it on prescription all of the time.

Bananarama

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 04:47:00 PM »

Has anyone tried the Boots vaginal moisurising gel?  I bought it at the weekend and am giving it a try.  I've had a post meno bleed and am awaiting the results of tests.  I had been on Ovestin for many years so thought I would come off it until I saw the consultant again.

babyjane

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 06:50:01 PM »

there's a cream called Vagisan advertised on the TV recently too.

I tried all this stuff in the beginning, Replens, Sylk, Yes, Multi Gyn Actigel but the only thing that really worked and had a lasting effect is the estriol pessaries that Hurdity has mentioned, called Vagifem.

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:22 AM »

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for your replies.
Hurdity, I use Utrogestan vaginally for 12 days per cycle, I've not used the replens during this phase as I don't know if I can?
Also I have an oestrogen patch, would I still be able to use the vaginal oestrogen or is it one or the other?
All very confusing!
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

Maryjane

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »

Replens is no longer advised , due to osmosity levels and PH .....YES Vaginal moisturiser is a 100% natural and advised as as near as can be to our own osmosity.

Yes you can use systemic and local oestrogen and vaginal moisturiser, use oestrogen in the am / moisturiser in the pm.

There's also the estring so just leave and forget for 90 days , then if needed just the moisturiser.

Many ladies need to use vagifem 5/7 days a week , plus systemic HRT.