Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Back pain  (Read 2585 times)

Starla76

Back pain
« on: May 30, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

Hi there,

Does anyone else in Peri suffer with back pain???

Starla76

Re: Back pain
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 06:01:31 PM »

Same! Does feel sciatic. I've started walking every night now to try and get my joints moving and lose this weight I've put on round my belly - isn't it fun!

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »

I'm post meno but my back problems started about 2 years before Peri and are just getting worse now

babyjane

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 06:41:08 PM »

Yes I too have anything from niggles and twinges to lumbago and sciatica. Massage and chiropractic is good but can be expensive.

After playing football with the littlies (5 and 3) today I doubt I will be able to move tomorrow!  :crutch:

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

I've had back pain since the birth of my son 28 years ago. I had an epidural which totally b****d things. It is one of the known side effects if they get the injection site wrong. Had another spinal block five years later and that was the icing on the cake.
I slipped a disc two years ago when lifting a heavy bit of furniture so now every morning when I wake up I do the monster walk until things loosen up.
From my long standing history I can say that meno has nothing to do with my back pain.

I honestly think that too many things are blamed on the menopause and for joint issues it's more to do with age rather than anything else.

Mrs Brown

Rockgurl

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 12:32:41 PM »

Yes I have terrible back pain but then I have adenomyosis and endometriosis which causes that. They do say that women with adenomyosis tend to get diagnosed between the ages of 35 and 55 so it's possible you may have undiagnosed adenomyosis. I have had back pain since my 20s but it's gotten worse and worse over the years to where I have to take many pain killers to tolerate it. It's worse with my period of course.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 12:56:07 PM »

Have to add that I've never blamed meno for my back, I've had 3 episodes in 7 years of diagnosed slipped discs so mine is down to that, just that the pain is there as soon as I do anything other than resting