Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti bleeding  (Read 3562 times)

Libbygrace

Evorel conti bleeding
« on: May 25, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I have been on Evorel conti patch 3 months now, my hot sweats have gone and I'm sleeping really well, I do not want to come off hrt as I tried before and it was a nightmare, 6 weeks in and I have on and off spotting & bleeds, I get stomach cramps, very sore boobs and headaches, I know breakthrough bleed is a side effect, do I persevere, go on the sequi patch or can you suggest another type of hrt?

Thank you ladie  :)

Mbrown001

Re: Evorel conti bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:08:52 PM »

It took me a good six months on the same conti patch to settle.

It's very very common and I would say if you can put up with the initial inconvenience then stick with it.

I ended up using the forehead stuff for the headaches. The sore boobs went first though.

I'm happy on this patch although having been on it for so long I'm cutting it in half with my doctors blessing.

Mrs Brown.

roseandthorn

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »

I am having to use everol conti temporarily as there is a supply problem with my usual femseven conti and I feel awful. Break- through spotting, period pain, aching legs etc. It does control the hot flushes though. I am hoping the supply of femseven will be back soon (it's back in stock at the drug company but the pharmacy say their distributers haven't got it yet. I am going away next week and am dreading being away feeling like this. Any advice gratefully receiveda,

vickypk

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 08:56:17 PM »

Hi
I've been on the Evorel conti patch for two years.  On starting the patch I did get headaches, feeling sick and very bad stomach cramps.  This all went away after a couple of months.  To be honest I didn't find it very easy on starting this patch and did tear it off a few time and didn't think I could tolerate it.  It is okay now.  Hope this helps.
Vicky x

Libbygrace

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 10:40:13 AM »

Thank you ladies,

I must admit it did cross my mind to tear it off or maybe cut it in half or try femseven, but I think I need to give it more time and its reassuring to know that I'm not alone with my symptoms  :)

Libbygrace

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 06:03:54 PM »

Thank you for the replies. But I'm beginning to feel fatigue at times not sure if its the bleed

Does anyone know what would happen if I cut the patch in half or only use 1 patch per week instead of 2? Would it reduce the continuous bleed I'm getting?

Is it the progesterone that causes the bleed?

Thank you   :-*

Libbygrace

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »

Forgot to mention I have had a bleed for 25 days now and I don't think I can give it another 3 months if I'm like this