Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Frequent urination  (Read 19181 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Frequent urination
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2020, 08:06:49 PM »

The side effect is that it helps ease symptoms.  I had breast disease in the 1990s and my GP never faltered in prescribing 'ovestin'.  It is applied into the vagina to replace oestrogen loss which causes dryness and soreness.  I couldn't have lived with the 'razor blade' effect ..... it's like a cream which in itself, is soothing.

sheilasue

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2020, 09:57:53 PM »

I suffered with frequent urination and the feeling that I had a UTI. I could  never be far away from a loo and was completely miserable. I am using Vagifem now and things have improved. It took a long time for the Vagifem to work and I had a bit of a relapse lately which I think was due to the fact that using it twice a week wasn't enough. I am still learning about vaginal atrophy and coming to realise that it's a case of trying to manage the symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2020, 08:07:13 AM »

Morning sheilasue  :welcomemm: have you read the vaginal atrophy threads?

Molly48

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2020, 10:00:06 AM »

Thanks ladies  use are wonderful  in your responses.  I called doctor but still waiting in call back as can't see anyone.  Last night I took 4 mg valium and slept till maybe 6 without going to toilet I'm hoping that's a good sign . Can I ask how long you all had the constant urination before you realised it was peri ?

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2020, 10:44:06 AM »

I was well into peri B4 it started. 

Molly48

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2020, 04:21:53 PM »

Does any of you feel your anxiety levels are out of control sometimes in peri.  I found the last few months I get shaky paniky red and blotchy when talking to someone and I can feel.myself trembling.  I get sudden bouts of weakness and this horrible sudden feeling that comes over my top part of stomach it's like butterflies but times it by 1000 it comes on and brings on a panic attack .... And now the peeing.  I was lying down earlier and can actually feel everything sort of moving in my lower tummy like my bladder is going into spasm's not painful just a weird sensation.  Not sure it's even possible to feel that or not.

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »

That's probably the bowel moving, when I lay in the bath I can often see mine digesting ...... bit like a snake  ::)

Sounds like it's a hot flush when talking to others.  Anxiety can precede them apparently. 

Molly48

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »

I don't get hot though if anything I'm cold a lot... Maybe is my bowel which won't help my bladder if it's moving so much.

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »

Bowel moves without us being aware usually. When my IBS is problematic I become aware of it.

Molly48

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2020, 07:36:15 PM »

I'm being driven insane today pee then need straight away it's just exhausting.  Doc never called me back they must have so maby calls either that or he thinks I'm a nutcase x

suzysunday

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2020, 10:11:50 AM »

Like many on this forum I have had the same as you Molly and it's awful.   Local hrt should help but it can take a long time.  I didn't know what was wrong with me and it was driving me crazy. Hope you get appropriate help and sending good thoughts to you!

Molly48

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »

Thank you so much suzy.

Did you have this problem during peri or was it after .? I still have regular periods and my last fsh levels were very low 3.2 but last few months I definitely have all sorts of horrible symptoms weakness exhausted anxiety so extreme.  But this is awful constant all day peeing.  Strange thing is I take 4mg of valium at night I've been on these for a week  and Im only up twice at night so not sure if it's just the valium knocking me out . It's during the day it's just life limiting and the anxiety over it is extreme as I've diagnosed myself with everything.

suzysunday

« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2020, 11:00:26 AM »

I had some symptoms in Peri but not too bad but I didn't know what it was. I'm 61 now and it became a major problem about 3 years ago.  I had been to the gp prior but only got referred to hospital gynaecologist when I got bad atrophy, painful sex and sore outer vagina.  I think maybe the Valium may relax the nerve endings as antidepressants can be prescribed for this, mainly a mild one, amyltryptiline. I so relate to your anxiety, it really takes your life over.  Try and get some local or systemic hrt from your doctor, though not a great time for seeing them.

Molly48

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2020, 12:20:52 PM »

Thanks suzy .

The symptoms fuel the anxiety it's just a like been on a roundabout.  I really have lost control of my emotions xc
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:14:57 PM by Molly48 »

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2020, 04:09:27 PM »

Of course anxiety will increase urination.  After a panic attack I would pee every 10 mins., huge amounts - for several hours as I came down from the anxiety.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6