Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 2104 times)

KirstyM

New to the group
« on: May 27, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »

Hi all

Have just posted in the "HRT - Good or Bad" topic to see if anyone else is having or had similar experiences with Kliovance.  Would appreciate some advice!

Great find, this forum!  Thanks!

Kirsty

Taz2

Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Hi KirstyM

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »

Hi KirstyM & welcome from me too.

It's a bit quiet on the forum at the moment but I expect you will get loads of replies & more welcomes once we get back to a normal working week.

I hope you don't mind but I have copied/pastied your post here, from the "HRT - Good or Bad" topic so that people will be able to help you with your question:

"I found this forum the other day while trying to find information about the HRT I am currently on, to make sense of what's going on with my body at the moment!!  Any thoughts or shared experiences would be appreciated!

I started peri-menopause at 40 with irregular periods and stopped getting my periods when I was 42.  I moved on to awful hot flushes, mood swings, disrupted sleep etc (hot flushes are not fun when you're in front of a class of 32 kids....) and waited a year before my doctor put me onto Kliovance.  I have been on it now for 5 months and up until this past week have been extremely happy with more levelled moods, no hot flushes and sleeping like a baby!!!  What changed?  I now have my first period in a year and a half with heavy bleeding and awful cramps.  I've also had incredibly sore and swollen breasts which changed the density of my breast tissue, resulting in an urgent mammogram and ultrasound.  As my maternal grandmother died of breast cancer at 64, I have been having mammograms since I was 40.  Small cysts were found but nothing to indicate any bigger problems.

My research on Kliovance tells me that spotting in the first 3-6 months is normal but I'm unsure about a period!  Thank goodness my daughter has supplies in the house!! 

Anyone else had any similar experiences?"

Kirsty

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2017, 03:22:21 PM »

:thankyou:  Cazikins .

I find that putting the product into the 'search' button can bring up recent topics so that 1 can see how others have fared.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 03:32:33 PM »

Hi KirstyM

:welcomemm:

The date for post-menopauase is set conservatively at a year to ensure that women who experience bleeding after 12 months without, are checked and that any problems with the womb which could lead to cancer do not get missed. Inevitably there are some women who do continue to ovulate even after 12 months have elapsed without a bleed - so this could be what has happened with you - especially if you are noticing breast changes at the same time despite taking a continuous combined HRT which gives you a constant dose of both hormones.

Some women also sometimes have problems absorbing the hormones consistently from tablet HRT so if anything has upset your digestion could also affect your oestrogen and progesterone levels - which could cause bleeding.

As you say bleeding and spotting are normal within the first 6 months but perhaps not after 18 months.  Sometimes the balance of oestrogen to progestogen doesn't work for some women - allowing build up of womb lining despite being on continuous combined HRT - which then comes away.

Although it does sound very much like a period from what you say - it might be as well to pay the doc a visit as it is after 18 months - just to check that all is well - even though there are plenty of explanations for the bleeding.

Hope this helps and let us know what happens?

Hurdity x