Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1862 times)

Garfield 737

Hello
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:31:14 PM »

I have been lurking for a while and have now found the courage to post lol  ::) ::)

I've just turned 50 and last period was in November, very very light. Had a really stressful couple of years prior to this and monthlies had been tailing off and bit, I have been as regular as clockwork all my life, so I thought that lack of periods were down to the pressure I was under......

Thing is, apart from sore boobs and period like cramps sometimes, I have no other symptoms....keep thinking that they are going to kick off soon though......not sure what to think....I am not taking any HRT or natural supplements. Don't have children either.

Thanks ladies   :)

Hurdity

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 04:00:05 PM »

Hi Garfield 737

:welcomemm:

Well - do make the most of not having any symptoms other than periods tailing off - long may it last :)

Some women find that they experience symptoms for the first time when periods have stopped for 2 years or in late peri-menopause ( but it sounds like you are there already). Maybe you are taking medication which can suppress flushes and sweats?

Anyway hope you continue to feel fine - you don't really need to take supplements but you should make sure your diet is really good and balanced with lots of fresh ingredients and that you make sure you are not deficient in vitamin D - get out in the sun through spring and summer and eat lots of oily fish - maybe cod-liver oil too - in winter :)

Hurdity x

Garfield 737

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »

Thanks Hurdity,

I do eat well most of the time, and exercise almost daily, speed walking for half an hour, so will keep going with that.

I don't take any medication at all, maybe a multivitamin if I think I am coming down with something...

Fingers crossed  :D

G x

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 07:23:03 PM »

Hello Garfield 737-  :welcomemm:

As Hurdity says..." long may it continue"
Hopefully you will sail through the menopause ( 25% do) and you'll be wondering about the miserable gits on this site.
However, if you hit a patch of rough water, we'll be your life jacket and your distress beacon so have no fear!
Maybe you'll never need a bigger boat and will get through this no bother at all. Fingers crossed.x

Ariel the mermaid xxx

Mbrown001

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »

I was like you...periods disappeared for six months and I had no symptoms at all.
Returned and were very very heavy and then tailed off to nothing for about seven months.

Unfortunately meno symptoms kicked in at that point.

It's a case of wait and see for the moment I think.

The best thing  that you can do just now is keep as healthy as you can. And then wait.

Hopefully you will sail through.
The forum isn't the best representation of the menopause as most of us here have had issues..

The majority of women do just fine and hopefully you will be one of them.

Browse around and ask questions, it's how we all learn.

Mrs Brown

Garfield 737

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »

Thanks ladies for your comments.

I can't believe I will get off scot free, and when I need your help I will know where to come.

G x